vb:literal>

Thread: Rescue Ranger's help may be needed.

Default Rescue Ranger's help may be needed.

The reports coming in to my headquarters ( the coffee shop across the street ) are telling of a huge snow storm in the Eustis area. Reports of snow up to a moose's b...'s have been coming over the mountain from a few hardy individuals that were able to make it out before in was to late. I fear the snow may be up to Kayaking Loons nose ( Jean's not very tall ) and that her and Stan may be stranded till the spring thaw, which in Eustis comes just before the fourth of July.

If no word of their survival is heard by the weekend, I feel the Rescue Rangers will once again have to be called to duty.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    The reports coming in to my headquarters ( the coffee shop across the street ) are telling of a huge snow storm in the Eustis area. Reports of snow up to a moose's b...'s have been coming over the mountain from a few hardy individuals that were able to make it out before in was to late. I fear the snow may be up to Kayaking Loons nose ( Jean's not very tall ) and that her and Stan may be stranded till the spring thaw, which in Eustis comes just before the fourth of July.

If no word of their survival is heard by the weekend, I feel the Rescue Rangers will once again have to be called to duty.
    In order for them to spring into action KL will have to attach a TB to her and stan, and then place themselve's in a plastic baggy with some scrap paper and pencil then attempt to publish themselves in a place where a cache is inappropriate. There is a possibility these supplies could be airdropped to their location if needed...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

hmm snowshoes and camping gear here. Need to go get a sled to carry gear but the weekend looks open.......

Did I really hear that they got 41+ inches of snow in one storm? I hope that they have snowmobiles!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Did I really hear that they got 41+ inches of snow in one storm? I hope that they have snowmobiles!!
    I think the official report was 41.9 inches. It's hard to believe. I plowed snow for many years and can never remember a single storm of more then 28 inches. I'm planning on riding over to the Eustis area this weekend, just to see what it looks like and hopefully get some pictures.

Default Snow Job

Well.... I thought we had about 30-36" in our yard but I guess the "official" report was 42 inches or thereabouts, and I have talked to some people who measured in their yards and agreed with the official report. But then Sugarloaf said 28" at the base and 33" on top.....

But back at the ranch, we parked near the house instead of at the end of the driveway because we believed the weather report. Anything less than 10" is just a Canadian frost..... So we were a bit surprised when we couldn't even see the truck in the morning! And we were even more surprised when the snowblower wouldn't start.... But you know, it's amazing what two old f....s can do with one shovel between them!

And it was a very light snow which is why it was so deep. Now that's it's warmer it's settling fast. And after all the wind today it's not pretty anymore, it's covered with pine needles and branches. Yesterday it looked like a Christmas card.

It was a bit disconcerting to have that much snow the second day of winter. What will this place look like by late March???!!

We're off to Boothbay Harbor tomorrow, the sunny south compared to here. My father (age 92) isn't doing well, spent a few days at Maine Med for tests and is now back at St. Andrews Hospital for rehab (supposedly) except he can't even stand up... So we'll see. We may be spending a LOT of time in BBH.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows