vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Annual Winter Campout.

Default Third Annual Winter Campout.

Camping in the winter...what kind of a "nut" does something like that. Well come to Abbot on 3/7/09 and you'll get to meet lots of us.

This year we have decided to do things a little differently. First off we are holding this years event close to the highway, so that getting to the event will be only a short walk from the parking lot of a hundred yards. Secondly is the parking lot (which Number Seven is keeping plowed) which will let us keep the vehicles off the road during the night time hours, which has been a concern in years pass.

The reasons for holding the event close to the road is to allow those not use to winter camping the added security of being close to their vehicle, for that mid night escape if necessary. Also any of our members who were not able to join us the pass two years because of the 1 1/4 mile walk each way, can now come (at least for the daytime) and hangout at the fire, cook some hot dogs, play some games, do some snowshoeing, etc.

So mark the date on your calender and come join us for a fun filled day doing what we all do the best....Bull....ing.

Maybe will try to make it up for Sunday AM............working Saturdays is the pits! You all have a good time!
    Last edited by hollora; 02-22-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Spelling

I might come up Sunday AM as well. Saturday is our annual Town Meeting, which I MUST attend. Sheesh! Since RULOST2? will be working anyway, I might just come up on Saturday afternoon! LOL! But I'll try and make it...

Default Winter Camping

Shucks, Di and I are "camping" at San Juan that weekend. Maybe next year.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Is this event close to a snowmobile trail still?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Is this event close to a snowmobile trail still?
    Yes it is! It is right off of Piper Pond and miles of trails. And, with all this new snow, the trails should be perfect!!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Jake, just to add to what Tom has already said, because I know what a whimp you are. The trail passes close enough to the campsite that you won't even have to get off you sled to cook a hotdog or to eat some of the Whetstone Mayors beans. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Jake, just to add to what Tom has already said, because I know what a whimp you are. The trail passes close enough to the campsite that you won't even have to get off you sled to cook a hotdog or to eat some of the Whetstone Mayors beans. LOL
    I loved those beans . . . and the biscuits were mighty tasty too . . . heck I might swing up that way and "break" down again just to have dinner at his house again.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I was really planning on attending and spending the night this year but I am switching to third shift at work this Sunday so I am not sure what I am going to do yet.
    Blazing Troll

Does a snowmobile trail come anywhere near to the camp site? I might ride up for a visit. LOL

Oops, I didn't read all the posts before posting. Sorry