vb:literal>

Thread: Belgrade Highlands trails

Default Belgrade Highlands trails

I just happened to walk into the offices of the Belgrade Regional Conservation Alliance this week and met Peter Kallin, the executive director. I went to buy a another map of the trails for a friend and mentioned that I had some geocaches along the trails. He was familiar with geocaching and was glad to hear I had put some new caches on the land.

He wants to do an event this spring on the land and asked me about it. We batted some ideas around and I hope I can make the time to help him get it organized. They are very nice people and I wanted to let everyone know that they appreciate us placing geocaches along their trails.

If you want a map of all the trails in the highlands you can buy one right there at the offices. If you join the alliance they will give you a free map. In Belgrade park by the post office and walk into the small alley to the door between the post office and the closed building beside it. You can't miss it once you are there.

Their web site is www.belgradelakes.org

CACHE ON!!!!

Thumbs up That's great!

Any positive PR is always good for geocaching. Glad you made the contact Terry. Now when someone speaks to a land manager we can add Belgrade to the list when they ask for a referral as to where else it is allowed.
    Happy Trails!

It would be great if someone could make an article page and list some of these areas that are known ok and not ok for caching, as well as contact information when applicable. This is another opportunity for someone to step up and contribute to the site. If someone does so and would like a map plotting out the locations of those areas, I'd be glad to help on that end of it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

My cache was the 1st on BRCA lands they are really nice to deal with. French's Mountain http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...9-b3a97937dd5c
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.