vb:literal>

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Somehow I had a harder time getting into Canada than the U.S. It might have had to do with the fact that I had hit a few larger puddles the night before and the truck looked like something out of Alabama Heaven.
    This border crossing into Canada is where RULost2? and I got the "full monty". They searched the entire car, even had me empty my pockets. Not sure what the problem was - we've crossed into Canada many times and never had a problem before, and this was probably the least problematic crossing.

But having said that, doing the "Megantic loop" is great - worth the time. Even give you a chance to have some poutine! LOL!

Default No Alcohol at Community Building

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I've been putting thought into that. I started out by pricing some summer beers, but it's been colder so now I'm thinking of Blue Moon, maybe Pumkinhead. It's up in the air. Any suggestions?
    Just a reminder that there will be NO alcohol at the Community Building. But you can drink all you want at the campground. Unless you get drunk and rowdy and security throws you out ....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Just a reminder that there will be NO alcohol at the Community Building. But you can drink all you want at the campground. Unless you get drunk and rowdy and security throws you out ....
    And kicks you in the throat.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Anything from Maine! (I haven't tried "Upta Camp" beer yet...
    You can have the rest of mine! I got a 6 pack to try, didn't care for it. (And if I remember right, it's a Shipyard product, which I usually like)

Default Upta Camp Beer

My Lab Nick will drink it. He'll drink anything except Colt 45. We think he might have had a bad experience with malt beverage when he was a pup. Got all wound up on Colt and tried to join a pack of coyotes for a night of howling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    You can have the rest of mine! I got a 6 pack to try, didn't care for it. (And if I remember right, it's a Shipyard product, which I usually like)
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default anyone not camping?

Did someone post that there were staying nearby at a motel? We wondered if there was one close by that non campers were using? I have checked on a couple but know nothing about how close they are to the campground, or even if they have room. Our kids have our sleeping bags and gear spread all around their different houses.

Default Looking for ride to Eustis

Hey there,

I'm hoping to attend the event on Saturday and I am traveling from Portland. Is anyone driving from Southern Maine? I can meet you within 30 miles or so if you are traveling from somewhere nearby. I am flexible about when I can leave/how long I can stay, but ideally you are leaving Friday evening sometime. I can split fuel costs, etc.! Let me know if you think you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks a bunch

Default Motels

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Did someone post that there were staying nearby at a motel? We wondered if there was one close by that non campers were using? I have checked on a couple but know nothing about how close they are to the campground, or even if they have room. Our kids have our sleeping bags and gear spread all around their different houses.
    Lots of motels but the Spillover seems to be "the cachers choice", 246-6571. It's close to the Community Building and only about a 5-10 minute drive to the campground. If they're full, e-mail me for more choices.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default First Day of Autumn

Tonight it's nearly 70 degrees here in Eustis, just a few clouds and a crescent moon hanging in the western sky. Saw 3 moose yesterday, one by the road. Then we met a cow moose on our road, stayed a distance behind her so we wouldn't spook her into the traffic (what little there is) on Route 27. And then a bull moose came galloping down to meet her. He ran off, she followed for a bit, then ran back towards us. Finally they both disappeared into the woods to do "moosey" things. It is the rut, you know! And there's a large eagle hanging around near the bridge, brown. How do you tell if it's an immature bald eagle or a golden eagle? Yes, I know, golden eagles are rare....Wish you were here....

Quote Originally Posted by amandalt View Post
    Hey there,

I'm hoping to attend the event on Saturday and I am traveling from Portland. Is anyone driving from Southern Maine? I can meet you within 30 miles or so if you are traveling from somewhere nearby. I am flexible about when I can leave/how long I can stay, but ideally you are leaving Friday evening sometime. I can split fuel costs, etc.! Let me know if you think you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks a bunch
    I'm headed up from Portland but it's just a day trip (a long day ) trip for me I'm afraid. Early morning departure and late evening arrival back to Portland area. Ding me if you're interested.