vb:literal>

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

I was only referring to the 5:30 pot luck at the time. I think every seat in the hall was full and then some. I believe this event had a lot more attendees then the WWWWW event.
    Blazing Troll

Hope everyone gets lots of pics to share.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Eustis

Di and I packed up all the camping gear early this morning as I heard the pitter-patter of rain drops and packing up tents and gear in the rain is not my idea of a good time.

But what a GREAT event and time we had.

First, thanks to Jean and Stan for the huge effort. All of their caches take folks to beautiful and interesting spot, the coords are always on the money and the caches properly labled and stocked. The foliage has to be very close to peak so those who couldn't attend ought to plan a trip to the area soon. Di and I commented on the pristiine beauty of the area about 50 times a day.

And a couple of dozen oif the windmills are up and the Mariah cache gives you a great view of them.

The Saturday meal was fantastic and my ribs didn't last long! Met a bunch of cachers for the first time and oif course a lot are now friends and it's nice seeing everybody having such a great time!

So when will it be next year? Di and I plan on coming up for a week next year. Can't get enough of the hospitality at Cathedral Pines and the beauty of our western mountains.

Thanks again Jean and Stan. Very well done!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default And For All Those Who Have Been Asking

Yes, we'll do it again in 2010! I have already reserved both group sites for September 23, 24 and 25th (Thursday, Friday and Saturday). That may conflict again with the Common Ground Fair but those days seemed like the best choices. See you all then, or before! Thanks for coming, it was fun.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

An amazing weekend! We would not have had a better day then yesterday. Sun, no clouds at all, the glory of fall leaves and to top it off, a great meal with great people. Met new faces and said "hi" to the hard core event cachers The mighty Dakota made it to the top of Kennebago with no problems. Why don't I live like this every weekend?

We've already booked a week in August for what is becoming an annual trip for the Frost Family and we will be back next September.

Many kudo's for those who survived the night Friday in tents. My thermometer read 28 degrees at 3:0) a.m. (When my 6 year old woke me up to go to the bathroom) and we went through most of a tank of propane keeping the pop-up warm. That's real camping. Of course, I've grown soft.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Sugarloaf Geocoin

At the event, Skishop gave me a Sugarloaf geocoin. Seems he convinced them to do a coin and sell it. It's beautiful and you can buy it at the 'Loaf. I'll be buying one or two for next years event. Thanks, Skishop! (and sarahinmaine)!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    At the event, Skishop gave me a Sugarloaf geocoin. Seems he convinced them to do a coin and sell it. It's beautiful and you can buy it at the 'Loaf. I'll be buying one or two for next years event. Thanks, Skishop! (and sarahinmaine)!
    do you think there would be a way to buy one if you don't go to sugarloaf?
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Count us in for next year! We had the bestest time! The night cache was a great addition to all the wonderful local caches. We saw one moose but he was horizontal on a flatbed trailer. Hopefully we will see a vertical, mobile moose next year
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I posted some of my pictures here www.attroll.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=524
    Blazing Troll

Default Awesome weekend

Well, it was an absolutely awesome weekend to get away, get some caching in and enjoy the region. So nice to catch up with friends, meet new friends and enjoy the atmosphere of the event. This, in it's 2nd appearance, has becomes Maine's Mini-Mega Event! I can't imagine what next year will bring.

For our co-hosts, Kayaking Loon and Team Richards, well done. Jean, Stan thank you so much for your hospitality. David, thank you for your efforts and the assistance your entire family gave. It all is greatly appreciated.

See you next year!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.