vb:literal>

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I checked with two people who work at the campground and they both said we can put camper trailers in the group sites across the street. There would be no hook-ups though. The two sites are BIG, and it would be nice to have more than the handful of cachers we had in them last year (although they were very nice cachers...)
    Thank you for checking - may be an option - we will see what the whole family is going to be doing - it will play into the decision. I know sites go fairly fast.

Default Transportation Needs

Bikes (downhill and road) and kayaks; don't forget the toys!

Default Quick Question

Should we list what kind of food we are bringing? If so, should we put it on here, or GC.com. I'm bringing Lasagna and garlic bread. I have site #9 reserved! Here's to No Hurricanes (tropical storms, tropical depressions, cold fronts, tornados, rain, mosquitos, ticks, snowstorms, microbursts, thunderstorms or anything else that will inhibite our weather!!)
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Should we list what kind of food we are bringing? If so, should we put it on here, or GC.com. I'm bringing Lasagna and garlic bread. I have site #9 reserved! Here's to No Hurricanes (tropical storms, tropical depressions, cold fronts, tornados, rain, mosquitos, ticks, snowstorms, microbursts, thunderstorms or anything else that will inhibite our weather!!)
    The hostess, kayakingloon, is on vacation and may not have interenet access. Co-hosts - Team Richards, however, may be on here this week.

May I suggest it is probably fine to post it on here but it probably should be on the official geocaching site , GC.com, as not everyone who may go might see this thread here. JMHO

Mom, Dad, Abnah and I are planning on attending, too! We had a lot of fun last year and love the Stratton/Eustice area (my gram and gramp met at school in Stratton [he's from Coburn Gore] and we still have family in the area--including some cachers!). So we're sure to have a great time!

We don't own any camping gear, so if we go it will only be for the day. Is it okay if we just plan to be there Saturday morning/afternoon? We have another commitment in Bangor Saturday evening. I assume it will be fine, but I just want to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    We don't own any camping gear, so if we go it will only be for the day. Is it okay if we just plan to be there Saturday morning/afternoon? We have another commitment in Bangor Saturday evening. I assume it will be fine, but I just want to make sure
    Yes, that's fine. Several people last year only came for the day.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Food!

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    It would probably be best if you know what food you're bringing, to post it to the event cache. But anything works. If everybody brought what they did last year, that would be great too.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Might have to make a day trip up its pretty much just up the road

Default Today

I wish the event was today, the weather is perfect! I've been out hiding caches and having a wonderful time. The first cacher arrived today, lucky him. Remember Don who was camping at the Pines last year and stayed on for the event so he could learn how to geocache? He arrives today for what he calls "a week of serious caching". Maybe we should make this a week long event...?? The foliage is staring to appear, the lake is starting to disappear..now if the weather a week from now is as good as today...