vb:literal>

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

Echoing the words and feelings of many others - many thanks to Jean, Stan, Holly, Dave, Jacob and William for all their work on this event. This, to me, is the go to place for fall! This year the weather was a bit better and there was little which could have been done to improve things.

I believe Jean must have a plan as she has already set a date. Te hosting crew knows they have helpers if needed. Now, can we start a recipe thread on here?

These pot lucks and events just have such great food. I know I have shared recipes and others have too - but what about a recipe thread?

Again - thanks to the hosts and hostesses. I am looking forward to photos being posted on GC.com too.

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    do you think there would be a way to buy one if you don't go to sugarloaf?

Howdy hide_from_the_kids. You sure can get one. I posted about it in the geocoin discussion forum. Here is the link. Thanks for asking.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=4222

Just one more note of thanks for such a terrific geoevent. And it's another example of why we all think so much of Jean & Stan, Dave & Holly. I know it's a lot of work, but it shows in the quality of the event. Kudos!

I sure hope I am back from my hike next year to attend this one in 2010. This was a terrific event and one that I will never forget. Thank you to all who put this on and spent some time with me during this weekend. I have not been caching in a long time and this reminded me of all the fun I have been missing out on.
    Blazing Troll

Default Hike

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I sure hope I am back from my hike next year to attend this one in 2010. This was a terrific event and one that I will never forget. Thank you to all who put this on and spent some time with me during this weekend. I have not been caching in a long time and this reminded me of all the fun I have been missing out on.
    Call if you're anywhere near here and we'll pick you up and bring you to the event. But you should be through the hike by then, it's near snow time for Katahdin and the Bigelows! But if you're late, hop on up to Katahdin and then hike south to the event. Should be some good campfire stories in that...
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Call if you're anywhere near here and we'll pick you up and bring you to the event. But you should be through the hike by then, it's near snow time for Katahdin and the Bigelows! But if you're late, hop on up to Katahdin and then hike south to the event. Should be some good campfire stories in that...
    Yes I definitely hope to be done my hike by then. I would like to be done by the first week of September but I will get done when I get done. This is a once in a lifetime trip for me so I am going to take it easy and enjoy it.

Maybe if I get back in time and get all my pictures together I can put on a slide show at the hall at night next year.
    Blazing Troll

Default Help!

I had a "most innovative cache comtainer" competition at the Useless event this year. I didn't know if anyone was bringing anything so it wasn't very well thought out. There was a sheet and the caches listed on it are:

1. Driftwood
    2. Hole in Log
    3. Tree (and beside that is written LPC-Pine lamp post. Was that another cache or another name for "Tree"?)
    4. Miss G.O. Cache
    5. Googly Eyes (I know that was by sarahinmaine)
    6. Rusty Bolt (Mapachi?)
    7. Large bolt/nut
    8. Scull

So there were 8 or possibly 9 cache containers. Who made them? They were all great. A lot of people didn't vote, probably didn't even know they were out on a table. But chosen by those who did vote, the winners were: Driftwood and Tree (tie vote). Who made them?
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I had a "most innovative cache comtainer" competition at the Useless event this year. I didn't know if anyone was bringing anything so it wasn't very well thought out. There was a sheet and the caches listed on it are:

1. Driftwood
    2. Hole in Log
    3. Tree (and beside that is written LPC-Pine lamp post. Was that another cache or another name for "Tree"?)
    4. Miss G.O. Cache
    5. Googly Eyes (I know that was by sarahinmaine)
    6. Rusty Bolt (Mapachi?)
    7. Large bolt/nut
    8. Scull

So there were 8 or possibly 9 cache containers. Who made them? They were all great. A lot of people didn't vote, probably didn't even know they were out on a table. But chosen by those who did vote, the winners were: Driftwood and Tree (tie vote). Who made them?
    Hi Jean,
    I believe the tree was made by Chief20r2 but I may have that wrong. I do believe that you could call the tree a pine lamp post because it did have a solar light on it. The large bolt and nut and rusty bolt may be the same cache but I may be wrong on that as well. I'm a big help aren't I....

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Hi Jean,
    I believe the tree was made by Chief20r2 but I may have that wrong. I do believe that you could call the tree a pine lamp post because it did have a solar light on it. The large bolt and nut and rusty bolt may be the same cache but I may be wrong on that as well. I'm a big help aren't I....
    Team Richards is right - the tree was made by Chief20r2 and will be placed in a Maine cache location. I brought the driftwood, but have to admit, I did not personally make it. I also found the skull over the weekend, put the micro in it and brought it (that one will be going out as a cache as well - labeled a little better).

All of the cache containers were very neat and innovative. This was a fun contest. Hope you do it again next year.

We didn't have enough time to craft our elaborate ideas Post the cache creation contest for next year and we'll enter if we're there.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!