vb:literal>

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Well, since everyone seems to have had such a good time and are anticipating having even more fun I might have to make plans to attend.

I have one question though. I'm kind of a special needs case. Is there power available? I use a CPAP machine so I can breath while sleeping.
    No power in the group areas but you can reserve a site with power at the main campground. A lot of the cachers get their own sites there so you will be among friends.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Campground info

KL, any idea when the campground opens up to take reservation requests?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

KL posted this in an earlier post "If you want a site in the main campground, call 246-3491, leave a message with your telephone number and they will call you back, sometime." I know last year, that is what I did and they called me back.

Someone involved with reservations works at the school and around school schedule. They used to have a nice website too but I imagine it is gone because of cutting back.

Try leaving a message if you get and answering machine at the number.

Default Eustis event/camping/reservations

Di and I just spent a wonderful weekend tenting out at Cathedral Pines. On our way out we booked site #15 for the September event. While there's a lot of sites in this campground we were told that weekend already has HALF the sites reserved so a call now would be a good idea. Di and I cached with her son, daughter in law and Cassie, age 4, and Dalton age 2 this past weekend. Having two youngsters along put a whole different perspective on caching. We enjoyed the natural beauty of the area and the youthful enthusiasm of Di's grandchildren!

This event is a "can't miss" gathering so hope you book it now!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I reserved a site for my folks (Camper) a few weeks a go, and the lady I spoke to said they had been getting a few calls for sites.
    Just a reminder that Jean and Stan (Kayaking loon) have rented both group sites again for this year. We had a great group of people on the group site last year, the second group site never got used at all, so there is room for more.

The group sites don't have power or running water. There is an outhouse.
    The showers, beach and other amenities across the street at the main camp ground are available.

There was a fire both Friday and Saturday night at the group site I'm sure there will be again this year.

Hope to see you there.

Not sure if I will even have my camper but - can you pull a camper into the group site? I will know more after the Camper Medic diagnoses my camper issues.

Gentlemen - thanks for the updates!

No question - camping and/or caching with kids changes perspectives. But Life is Good and we need to teach the youth.

Lots to do before September but hope to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    can you pull a camper into the group site?
    No, sorry, the group site is for tents only. I don't think they budge on that rule either.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    No, sorry, the group site is for tents only. I don't think they budge on that rule either.
    That's ok. Just thought it was worth asking as - my camper is called a convertable and has tents LOL......... We were happy last year and need to get on the reservations thing. Thanks for the heads up. This is a must do event for me.

Default Campers In Group Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    I checked with two people who work at the campground and they both said we can put camper trailers in the group sites across the street. There would be no hook-ups though. The two sites are BIG, and it would be nice to have more than the handful of cachers we had in them last year (although they were very nice cachers...)
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

We booked site #13 for our camper. We're really looking forward to the event
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country