vb:literal>

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Your right Stratton is a village in Eustis.
    Or is Eustis a village in Stratton?

Anyways, I am packing up now and will be there by dinner time tonight. I hope someone has something good cooking when I get there.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have a question. What does this event referr to Eustis when it is actually hosted in Stratton? The address for the campground also say Eustis. I am confused.

I asked that last year. The way I understand it is that they are two villages located in the same township. Sort of like the areas of Hinkley and Shawmut in Fairfield. They have post offices, and you can list it as an address, but they are part of the town of Fairfield.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

You could just call it T1R4 like they used to.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

We are still hoping to make it for breakfast. Is there anything we should bring?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Not to get off topic but I hope there are many photographers there to share with all of us who can't make it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    My best guess is that Stratton is a populated area within the civil division of Eustis. Of course, there is the town of Eustis as well. Or something like that. If you look at on the Gazetteer you'll see what I am getting at.

There is a "village of Stratton" in the town of Eustis. That used to confuse me too but I got over it. I think many years ago the populated area was Eustis village, then that burned or something and the stores etc. sprung up in Stratton....

Anyone remember a few years ago when a writer for Down East Magazine said "Stratton and Eustis are two bumps in the same road, with a paper mill spewing out pollution"??? Of course, we don't have a paper mill.... Don't you just love reporters?
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Sadly enough, Lee and I are both under the weather and have to cancel our trip to Eustis and NH. Hope everyone has fun!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Not to get off topic but I hope there are many photographers there to share with all of us who can't make it.
    I picked up a camera this week. I'll post pictures, I just cannot tell you how they will come out
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Wow, I am starting to wonder how many people we can fit in the hall at this event.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Wow, I am starting to wonder how many people we can fit in the hall at this event.
    LOL! I left the hall about 1:30, and after 3 pages of sign-ups, there were STILL people signing in! Almost as crowded as a WWWWWW event!