vb:literal>

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

I believe there's wifi near the camp office. Does anyone know where the schedule of events is.....or the food sign-up? I don't have a clue what goes on at this event except great seats and cheap tickets to the Dynamic Dubord fireside concert

Hollora knows quite a bit about the camp....contact her back channel her. She's hiding off-forum to keep the peace around here, for those that can't behave themselves.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We are considering going to NH this weekend and possibly stopping by Eustis on the way by. Is there a time of day when people will most likely be around? I can't tell from the event page if there is any structured festivities besides breakfast and dinner when people will be gathered....

Last year everyone kind of did their own thing during the day. Some hiked, some kayaked, some biked or four wheeled up East Kennebago MT. But we all got to gether for Breakfast, dinner and a bunch off us for a camp fire at the group site Friday and Saturday night. The hall is open all day for people to stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    I believe there's wifi near the camp office. Does anyone know where the schedule of events is.....or the food sign-up? I don't have a clue what goes on at this event except great seats and cheap tickets to the Dynamic Dubord fireside concert

Hollora knows quite a bit about the camp....contact her back channel her. She's hiding off-forum to keep the peace around here, for those that can't behave themselves.
    If you want to post on the event page for what you are bringing that would be good.

Other than Breakfast and Dinner (door prizes after dinner) i don't think there are any "scheduled " events. there are a lot of caches all over that can be reached by just about every mode of transportation. I'm bringing up 4 kayaks (one tandem). If anyone wants to use them, just ask.
    There are caches to hike, bike, drive, boat, 4 wheel too. Long hikes, short hike long drive and short drives. there are even a few PNG's with good views.

I'm not sure what you want to know about the campground. The group sites (2 of them) are across the street from the main camp ground . They have no power, or running water, The out house was clean, (well as clean as you can get an outhouse) last time I was there. The main camp group has showers and a swimming area, play ground, boat launch. there is a boat ramp closer to town if you need that.

Although it may take up most of the day if anyone wanted to you can drive up to Canada and do a loop around lake Megantic. make sure to bring your prober ID's.

The trip around Flagstaff lake is a nice drive again pack a lunch and plan on most of the day.

I'll bring up some fire wood.

Anything else...

Default Kennebago question

I hear something about being able to 4X4 up a mountain for caches. Can anyone enlighten me That sounds like a darned good time.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    Although it may take up most of the day if anyone wanted to you can drive up to Canada and do a loop around lake Megantic. make sure to bring your prober ID's.

We did the Lac' Meguntic trip this summer. It took us around 4 to 5 hours. The views were nice and there were some neat caches. Somehow I had a harder time getting into Canada than the U.S. It might have had to do with the fact that I had hit a few larger puddles the night before and the truck looked like something out of Alabama Heaven. The exchange rate was almost 1 for 1, which shocked me a little. The terrain is very different than the Eustis area, but the views of the mountains were fantastic.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I hear something about being able to 4X4 up a mountain for caches. Can anyone enlighten me That sounds like a darned good time.
    There are several caches on East Kenebago Mt the first is GC1EBNE. You can drive to the top. The Mt isn't high enough to be above tree line but the ride is fun.

The road is off Rt 16 not to far out of sStratton head toward Rangeley.

I think think library has wifi. The camp ground has it if you sit right by the office.
    Yes, the library had wifi last year......we walked over from the Community Building.

There are several caches on East Kenebago Mt the first is GC1EBNE. You can drive to the top. The Mt isn't high enough to be above tree line but the ride is fun.

The road is off Rt 16 not to far out of sStratton head toward Rangeley.
    Worth the ride to get the caches and there were bikes , Jeeps and Toyotas last year. Maybe even other conveyances....

I think think library has wifi. The camp ground has it if you sit right by the office.
    Great! Nice to know it's there in case we need it. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. So much so that I think I'm going to drive there on Thursday so that I have a full day Friday and Saturday. Is the group site available Thursday night, too, or should I talk to someone at the campground?

Quote Originally Posted by eebee View Post
    Great! Nice to know it's there in case we need it. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. So much so that I think I'm going to drive there on Thursday so that I have a full day Friday and Saturday. Is the group site available Thursday night, too, or should I talk to someone at the campground?
    Jean has teh group site(s) for Friday and Saturday. although I went up Thursday last year and they let me set up on the group site.