vb:literal>

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Eustis Event 2009

Default Rut?

I've had a strange week. Maybe I'm in rut too! My neck is all swelled up and while we were putting the kayaks on the rack today I felt the urge to rub my head on the kayak rack. And to top it off, I was in court today with a young lawyer and I felt an irresistable urge to pee on his brief case! Hope I'll get over this by the time I head north!

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Tonight it's nearly 70 degrees here in Eustis, just a few clouds and a crescent moon hanging in the western sky. Saw 3 moose yesterday, one by the road. Then we met a cow moose on our road, stayed a distance behind her so we wouldn't spook her into the traffic (what little there is) on Route 27. And then a bull moose came galloping down to meet her. He ran off, she followed for a bit, then ran back towards us. Finally they both disappeared into the woods to do "moosey" things. It is the rut, you know! And there's a large eagle hanging around near the bridge, brown. How do you tell if it's an immature bald eagle or a golden eagle? Yes, I know, golden eagles are rare....Wish you were here....
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    Tonight it's nearly 70 degrees here in Eustis, just a few clouds and a crescent moon hanging in the western sky. Saw 3 moose yesterday, one by the road. Then we met a cow moose on our road, stayed a distance behind her so we wouldn't spook her into the traffic (what little there is) on Route 27. And then a bull moose came galloping down to meet her. He ran off, she followed for a bit, then ran back towards us. Finally they both disappeared into the woods to do "moosey" things. It is the rut, you know! And there's a large eagle hanging around near the bridge, brown. How do you tell if it's an immature bald eagle or a golden eagle? Yes, I know, golden eagles are rare....Wish you were here....
    Ah, Jean - those be questions you can ask the NA guide who will be accompanying us on our trek up your way. We are so ready to be in Moose country and enjoy their land up your way.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I've had a strange week. Maybe I'm in rut too! My neck is all swelled up and while we were putting the kayaks on the rack today I felt the urge to rub my head on the kayak rack. And to top it off, I was in court today with a young lawyer and I felt an irresistable urge to pee on his brief case! Hope I'll get over this by the time I head north!
    Now - we are a few sites away = good! PM will have to be the one who endures..........and you wanted to what in a brief case.......don't lawyers deliver briefs or do they wear them LOL - OMG did I say that??? I am sure dubord by the time you cross some line headed north you will be fine........I know I will be Even if I have Old Timers!

Thanks K.L. for the answer to my question. Is anyone bringing a four wheeler or would it be a good idea to bring ours? We are new to the area and don't know all these answers. Thanks.

Default Four Wheelers

I don't think anybody brought any last year, but the Eustis/Stratton area has some beautiful trails. You'll see a lot of ATV's about, some that will be moose hunting. But having a 4 wheeler will cut into your caching time!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Thanks K.L. for the answer to my question. Is anyone bringing a four wheeler or would it be a good idea to bring ours? We are new to the area and don't know all these answers. Thanks.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

There isn't enough bandwidth for what I could write. Besides, I've been hounding on Nick enough the past few.
    I've received my ACME Beer Drinking Dog Repeller Kit yesterday. Later, I'll review some Wile E Coyote game tapes. Should be fine thru Sunday morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Now - we are a few sites away = good! PM will have to be the one who endures..........
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Am recruiting new cachers to join in the fun this weekend! We'll be staying at the group site. Looking forward to it!

NORTH WOODS HI-COO

Got my Shotgun, got my fangs, i even got my spruce gum.
    Got my Scooby Doo shorts, Yoda, and Ogi Doogi Pudder My pet Pig!
    Am I ready for Eustis?
    OH YES!

(I don't even drink!)

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    ... I was in court today with a young lawyer and I felt an irresistable urge to pee on his brief case! Hope I'll get over this by the time I head north!

I don't think is The Rut as I always want to pee on lawyers briefcases.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by amandalt View Post
    Hey there,

I'm hoping to attend the event on Saturday and I am traveling from Portland. Is anyone driving from Southern Maine? I can meet you within 30 miles or so if you are traveling from somewhere nearby. I am flexible about when I can leave/how long I can stay, but ideally you are leaving Friday evening sometime. I can split fuel costs, etc.! Let me know if you think you can help me out, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks a bunch
    At this point my thought is to leave friday evening from brunswick area and coming back on saturday.