vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A GSAK filter question

Default A GSAK filter question

I am trying to see all caches that I haven't found yet. When I go to the not found filter it just gives me caches not yet found (or logged) by anyone. Does someone know how to do that?

Once I can do that can I load just those files into my Nuvi? Right now it keeps telling me I'm close to caches but most of the time they are caches I have already found. I have the nuvi macro set up to load but I just want caches in it I haven't already found.

Thanks guys,

LT

If you uncheck the Found box in the Found Status section, it should show the caches you have not found. Is this what you are doing?

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Yep, I tried that and got a couple dozen caches. It gives me caches that have not been found at all instead of caches I haven't found. I finally figured it out though. I just loaded a new data base of all Maine caches I haven't found.

How often do you pocket query your own finds?

You can only get your own PQ finds once a week, and I usually just do those after I have been out caching which hasn't been much lately.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I am up to date with my found caches but like I said, when I unclick the found box all I get are caches that haven't been found by anyone at all instead of not found by me.

Default I think I may know your problem now.

Perhaps GSAK doesn't know you have found them, or does not know who you are?

When you look at the list of caches in the database, are any of the caches colored yellow in the Code column?

Or more likely, perhaps you don't have your owner ID correct in the GSAK settings?

If you go to Tools - Options and look for the section under the General tab that says "Method for matching placed (hidden) and found caches" your correct user name should be in there. Or better yet, your user ID#. User ID# is the quickest and most foolproof way for GSAK to identify you. If you're wondering, your user ID# is 310400.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have my id number in, my found caches are in yellow, my owned caches are in green, I can use the filter to find all my found caches, all my owned caches, but when I try to filter all caches I haven't found it gives me a couple dozen caches nobody has found.

Well, are there any uncolored (white) caches in the list that have been found by someone else?

I don't believe GSAK knows the difference between a cache that has not been found by anyone and a cache unfound by you unless there are logs from finders in the PQ.

Another guess a corrupted database. There is a repair option in the Database menu you could try, or you could make a test database and get a PQ of a small number caches that you know you have not found, in another state perhaps, and see if they show up then.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!