vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: newbie

I love my Garmin Vista Hcx. It is waterproof and shock resistance. (I have used it in the rain and dropped mine onto rocks and into snowbanks with no ill effects) It has a high intensity antenna and will hold 1000 way-points! It has geocache features built in, as well. I would call it mid-priced. Not cheap but not expensive either.

Default Talking black box

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    A lot more company than a talking black box on your dash!
    I don't mind the talking as long as it doesn't get mad when I decide to take a different road. It gets a little irritated with me and then starts getting mean.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I don't mind the talking as long as it doesn't get mad when I decide to take a different road. It gets a little irritated with me and then starts getting mean.
    Sheesh! Our old Garmin 60c used to "beep" like crazy if we didn't follow the route it had established. It wanted you to turn around and go back!

The Garmin 60csx is a little smarter - if you go a different way, in a couple of seconds it will compute a different route based on your new direction. It's a lot easier to get along with. LOL!