vb:literal>

Thread: Orono Land Trust Invites You

Hybrid View

Default Orono Land Trust Invites You

Folks, just got an email from Sue Owen of the Orono Land Trust. She wanted to know if there was a way she could invite the Geocaching folks to their Annual meeting through Geocaching.com.

Let her know that wasn't possible but said I would post the information here (since I don't have time to instruct her and mentor her in how to do it).

Here's the info - and any Geocachers are invited to attend!

"PRESS RELEASE: 6,000-ACRE WILDLIFE CONSERVATION PROJECT IS TOPIC AT ORONO LAND TRUST EVENT MARCH 27

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    March 19, 2009

CONTACT: Peggy Markson, OLT volunteer, 947-9906 (h), 973-3245 (w)
    or Sally Jacobs, OLT volunteer and subject expert, 866-4520 (h)

6,000-ACRE WILDLIFE CONSERVATION PROJECT IS TOPIC AT ORONO LAND TRUST ANNUAL MEETING MARCH 27

ORONO, ME – More than 6,000 acres of land stretching fifteen miles from the Bangor Mall area—north to the Hirundo Wildlife Refuge in Alton, is in the process of being preserved for wildlife conservation and recreational trail networks. An update on the immense Caribou Bog-Penjajawoc Corridor Project will be presented at the Orono Land Trust’s annual meeting on March 27.

The project is a collaboration headed up by the Orono Land Trust and the Bangor Land Trust, along with more than twenty organizations, state agencies and local municipalities. The groups have been working on this effort for more than a decade.

“The Corridor Project is a vision and a plan,” explains Sally Jacobs, an Orono Land Trust board member who is leading the project. “Our goal is to provide public access for outdoor activities and adventures—all within a short walk, drive, or bicycle ride, for the 50,000 residents in the Greater Bangor area.”

Jacobs added that many parts of the corridor are open to hiking, bird-watching, fishing, hunting, geocaching and miles of trails designated for snowmobiling, as well as separate snowshoe and groomed cross-country ski trails.

The general public is invited to join members of the Orono Land Trust (OLT) for a presentation and photo essay on the Corridor Project at the organization’s annual meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, March 27, at the Keith Anderson Community Center located at 19 Bennoch Road in Orono. Sally Jacobs will be the presenter, along with photographers Ron Davis and Ron Logan. The OLT will hold a very brief annual meeting prior to the presentation. Refreshments will be served. For more information about the OLT, visit www.oronolandtrust.org."

A few of you may remember a while ago this last year when some caches were published and the coords were way off. I worked with Sue to get them corrected. Orono Land Trust welcomes cachers and hopes to get us more involved with their community and them more involved with ours.

Regretfully, I can't attend this event but I hope someone can make it. If you have questions about the meeting please direct them to their website or the contact folks. I am only posting this as a courtesy to the organization.
    Last edited by hollora; 03-20-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Forgot the quotes.

I can and will attend in your stead. I'll see if I can get a few of the new cachers I have been taking out to come along also.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.