vb:literal>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Maritime Mega July 10, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I commiserate! We love NS - my grandmother came from there as well - and we had hoped to make this event. But latest estimates are that we'll be in Illinois when our #1 son FINALLY gets out of school and gets his PHD...

Oh my, a PhD - very exciting and there is life beside caching. But it does make it hard. Congrats to you folks and especially your son.

My GodDaughter got her MS from Rutgers in May and her finace got his Doctorate in Pharmacy. Great young folks and I just can't let them down.

Nice to hear there are young achievers out there today. Many more I am sure - just may not know about them.

Default Driving to the Mega

I plan on taking a week's vacation and slowly making my way over and back. (caching along the way, of course) Any other suggestions for campgrounds?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I plan on taking a week's vacation and slowly making my way over and back. (caching along the way, of course) Any other suggestions for campgrounds?
    We liked the following campgrounds:

1. New River Beach Provincial Campground, New Brunswick - about 5 hours from central Maine. This would be good at the end of the day is you're caching along the Maine coast enroute.

2. Further along, a good place to stop if you're going slowly along the coast, is the Fundy National Park. Fantastic scenery!

3. In Nova Scotia, we liked the KOA camp-ground in Halifax, not too far from the event.

We've stayed at many other places over the years, but these ones stick in out mind.

I will be posting nearby accomodations shortly.

The man who hid the first cache is going to be on site alot of the week end to say hi to people.

We hope to have the will attend app up and running soon.

We chose the date prior to GWS being announced

Thanks for your support
    Make love not micros

Thumbs up Camping

I have already contacted a few campgrounds in the area, and they will take reservations for next year.
    Happy Trails!

This is exciting! I hope it is something Ben will be up for attending. I want to go to PEI again... maybe we can do that before or after this event.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    Ok!! Sounds fun........ question I have is this. It's a one day event...and hopefully a Mega Event.. So how long do you think you'd have to stand in line to sign the log at Canada's first geocache. I think I'd bring replacement logs along
    I was fortunate to go to the event at Graves Island that dedicated a plaque to Canada's first cache. The cache placer was there. It's a Provincial Park. Later, my brother-in-law and myself went to get the cache. It was pretty cool. It would be sad to have to wait in line to find the cache.

We are now taking peoples intentions to come the the Maritime Mega. Please come to our site and let us know so we can get our Mega Status http://maritimemega.ca/index.php?opt...ormname=showup

Thanks Maritime Mega Organizing Committee
    Make love not micros

Default I'm in

I signed us up for the event. I do plan to be there at this time.
    Happy Trails!

Default Get signed up

If you are at all planning to attend this mega event, you should go here and sign up. They need to show that there will be enough interest to attain mega status. The sooner they get there then the sooner it can get posted. I am looking forward to my first trip to Nova Scotia next July.
    Happy Trails!