vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gob-Ler and 5,000 finds

Default Gob-Ler and 5,000 finds

As I write this, it is after midnight, early morning, on March 29, 2009. At this point in time, Gob-Ler has logged 4,998 finds, just two shy of the magic number of 5,000. Now, I've been out on the trail in the early morning hours, 5:00am, only to discover that Dick has been there at 3:00am. So I find it highly likely that sometime tonight he will reach 5,000 finds. So to Dick Lyle, AKA Gob-Ler, I offer my sincerest homage and respect for the Grand-PooBah of Maine. Wow....nicely done...

Actually Dan I am not out on the trail tonight. It was a very long traffic jam filled trip home from Maryland and watching the Grand Kids and caching. I did two on the way out of Maryland to bring the total to 4998. I plan on doing the other two sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Needless to say it has been a fun filled ride with many memories. The greatest part of it surely is the people I have met along the way. Even with the bumps in the road along the way it has been a great experience.

The many friends made here in Maine is a memory that will long remain with me.

As for the numbers, well, they are a part of the whole experience, but on a whole the numbers are meaningless without the people they represent along the way.

Thanks Dan (one of my many geo-friends!) for your kind words.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Default Congratulations.. In Advance

That is certainly a big number. I'm glad to have been along on a few occasions caching with you Dick. See you around soon I hope.
    Happy Trails!

Default 5000!!!!!!!!!!

The number is just about impossible to imagine. For us "mere mortals" looking for 100, 500, 1000, 2000, stop and think of the effort to get to these numbers and then just imagine piling up 5000! And Dick will spend just as much time helping techno-disinclined cachers like myself learning the finer points of the game.

He's a shoe-in for the Geocaching Hall of Fame!!!! Well done, my friend!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

5000 caches is a amazing accomplishment, but for Richard Lyle it will be a small number, in comparison to all the good deeds this man does. Congratulations Dick.

Dick - you are right - the numbers are no where near as meaningful as the experiences, friends and contacts made along the way. Congrats on reaching 5000 unique experiences!

I am honored to have met you and enjoy every time we are able to exchange words or a friendly smile. Cache on ~ Cache Happy!

Holy crap!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Congratulations on 5000!!! I know the memories I have on 500 and how some are unforgettable! I can only imagine the stories you must have on 5000! Congratulations Dick and good luck on the next 5000.
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Sheesh! 5000! That's all I can say!

Awesome job.

And now that you are logging 100 find days, you'll be doubling that number in no time at all!

Congratulations; you are amazing to watch.