vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delorme

Default Delorme

Just happened to see on Delorme's site that they are going to have a booth at the Augusta Sportsman show on April 3-5 where they will be demoing the new PN-40,wish I could attend.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I currently have a PN-40 on loan from Delorme and I am very impressed with how well it has improved over the PN-20. I am still playing with it and have not found anything that I do not like about it.
    Blazing Troll

I'm giving some serious thought to upgrading and letting the kids use my PN-20
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Default Augusta

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Just happened to see on Delorme's site that they are going to have a booth at the Augusta Sportsman show on April 3-5 where they will be demoing the new PN-40,wish I could attend.
    Wish I had known about this sooner. I can't go now.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I think I may go tomorrow seeing I am looking for a outdoor gps unit and am still looking at all differant kinds so that will give me another one to check out though it may be more than i can aford .
    The Drinking Will Continue Until Morale Improves !!

Had hoped time would allow to visit this on the way back from our Southern Maine run this weekend.....regretfully didn't happen. We just ran out of time.

I know DeLorme was invited to participate in the Sportsman Show in Orono this year. They declined putting in a booth (guess there just aren't enough folks in the upper part of the state). I will applaud them, however, as they did generously support the PCCA (show producer/sponsor) with a generous donation of goods for door prizes.

Any news out there from folks using the product in the field?

I was running a booth today at the show and got to talk to chip noble for a long while. I bought a PN-40 for 100$ cheaper cause it was at the show. He also gave me an Eartha coin. LUCKY ME!

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsouth View Post
    I was running a booth today at the show and got to talk to chip noble for a long while. I bought a PN-40 for 100$ cheaper cause it was at the show. He also gave me an Eartha coin. LUCKY ME!
    Yes, lucky you and I had already figured out their strategy..........hence the reason I am bumming we didn't stop...........but I would not have bought a unit ............so I probably wouldn't have gotten a coin.

Good snag - and enjoy! Hope the unit works out for you!

I went and got to meet MoonSouth I saw him when he was buying the PN-40 I didn't know it was him till later when I met him at the booth he was at. I checked out the PN-40 and seems great but may be out of reach for me though I am on the hunt for a outdoor unit. I personally wasn't in the service due to medical reasons but have the utmost respect for MoonSouth and the rest of you who have served and protected our country. I hope to meet a lot of you perhaps this year out and about.
    The Drinking Will Continue Until Morale Improves !!

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaine View Post
    I went and got to meet MoonSouth I saw him when he was buying the PN-40 I didn't know it was him till later when I met him at the booth he was at. I checked out the PN-40 and seems great but may be out of reach for me though I am on the hunt for a outdoor unit. I personally wasn't in the service due to medical reasons but have the utmost respect for MoonSouth and the rest of you who have served and protected our country. I hope to meet a lot of you perhaps this year out and about.

And we hope to meet you too! I am not buying new units this year - coin or no-coin.........but glad.....Moonsouth was the recipient of one of their marketing incentives. I am sure they are deserving and this is a good thing.

I missed getting there by timing on other reasons to be in Southern Maine. Doesn't matter - sure I would not have purchased a DeLorme item and therefore would have been excluded from receiving one of the coveted coins.

Am just thrilled that I could help Team Richard garnish one off the Bears in the Bushes cache.

Cache on - Cache happy - everyone does a coin for their own peronsal reasons - this one (IMHO) was purely commerical and for marketing...........or otherwise - why has Team Delorme not responded to my emails about the Geocoin Mailing list or my upcoming trip to AK?

Not trying to create a stir but just trying to ask why - no response to an invite to join a list OR to allow one of these coins to be placed in a cache in AK!

Personal emails sent with no response. How sad is this?