vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It is now a GRC geocaching world out there...

Default It is now a GRC geocaching world out there...

or at least that is what it felt like today. I had one regular cache today to locate and I couldn't locate it. There were no guardrails around and I had no idea where to look.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

What cache was it?

Yeah, don't leave us hanging.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

And I don't think I've ever seen a "regular" caache that was in a guardrail...

If you consider a sandwich size tupperware to be regular size, then I have done a few "regular" guardrail caches.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    If you consider a sandwich size tupperware to be regular size, then I have done a few "regular" guardrail caches.
    No - I think those are usually listed as "small" caches. Not "micro", but still not regular. And now that I check - the GC.com listing form gives "Rubbermaid or Ammo Box" as examples of regular caches, and small as "holds log book and small items".

GC15EC3 Gun Point Cove Yes, I KNOW it was right there but I had AJ the caching dog with me and dang that water was close and that water was moving. I was a tad bit nervous. I was keeping my eye on the pooch and just couldn't concentrate to take a good look. I stood where my gps said 3 feet and said to AJ "Okay it is right here some where" The pooch just looked at me like Huh? Big help he was.

I ws trying to make joke in my post. Every other cache I did was a GRC, this one was a regular cache. So I was trying to say that since I didn't have a guardrail nearby I had no clue where to look.

In fact one of those GRC's was just uhm uh....odd. Nothing to look at. No view just a cache in a GR by the road. Why? I was actaully quite disgusted and almost said "That's it. I am done caching."

I used to love to geocache. AJ and I strolling on a trail to a fabulous view or just a great walk in the woods. Currently all AJ gets to do is ride in the vehicle and watch me jump out and grab said cache. Oh well, guess it gets us out of the house.

Some of the GRC's or micros that we did had great views. So it wasn't all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    In fact one of those GRC's was just uhm uh....odd. Nothing to look at. No view just a cache in a GR by the road. Why? I was actaully quite disgusted and almost said "That's it. I am done caching."

I used to love to geocache. AJ and I strolling on a trail to a fabulous view or just a great walk in the woods. Currently all AJ gets to do is ride in the vehicle and watch me jump out and grab said cache. Oh well, guess it gets us out of the house.
    Sheesh! I could have written the above myself! LOL!

RULOST2? and I went on a caching trip to Rhode Island a few weeks ago and brought back 5-6 TB's to give them a "taste of Maine". And while our reluctance to travel far off road at this time of year may have been the reason, we have only found one cache since then that was big enough to put a TB in! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I could have written the above myself! LOL!

RULOST2? and I went on a caching trip to Rhode Island a few weeks ago and brought back 5-6 TB's to give them a "taste of Maine". And while our reluctance to travel far off road at this time of year may have been the reason, we have only found one cache since then that was big enough to put a TB in! LOL!

I find it quite sad. I do realize that everyone has a different view of what Geocaching should be. It is just a game after all.

Oh and we hardly pick up geocoins or tb's anymore because there is no where to put them after you retrieve them.

Default Wondering

Quote Originally Posted by team teebow View Post
    I find it quite sad. I do realize that everyone has a different view of what Geocaching should be. It is just a game after all.

Oh and we hardly pick up geocoins or tb's anymore because there is no where to put them after you retrieve them.
    Now please don't holler at me. I'm still on the learning curve. I have picked up travel bugs and coins and put them in caches I have already found, like hotels and the such. They seem to get picked up quick and moved on.

Is this not an orthodox option?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.