vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It is now a GRC geocaching world out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Now please don't holler at me. I'm still on the learning curve. I have picked up travel bugs and coins and put them in caches I have already found, like hotels and the such. They seem to get picked up quick and moved on.

Is this not an orthodox option?
    I don't think so. Since the cachest closest to me are displayed when I open gc.com, I note which nearby caches have TB's which have been there a while, and I might stop by and move them along. I don't know of anyone who wants their TB/geocoin to sit - unwanted - in a cache for very long. I also put coins/bugs into nearby caches to get rid of them and to encourage people to visit the area. Bugs and coins are always a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Love the pic . . . made me laugh . . . well maybe not a full blown laugh, more like a chuckle.
    No, that gave me a full blown laugh. I needed that today, Thanks!!!!!!

I know that GRC's and other micros irritate some. I use them alot during the winter go get me by. I have placed two new larger caches this week with 3 ammo cans ready to go. I look at it this way, Micros for winter, everything else for mud season.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I like them all. I placed a GRC that is a little different and I have gotten some good feedback from that one.

Nanos on the other hand should be banned!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    The answer may be we need bigger guardrails...
    that would make GRC's wayyyyy easier then they already are.

Nanos are quite a challenge to find and a challenge to get the dang log rolled back up small enough to fit back in!
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Another thought is to get creative with the containers you leave in guardails.... rather than just film canisters use something else so that trading can be done. The Maine Rose series did a good job with that, and I have a few (Sedgunkedunk and Hildreth Corner and 6 Miles From Home) the have "different" cache containers.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSDanel View Post
    Another thought is to get creative with the containers you leave in guardails.... rather than just film canisters use something else so that trading can be done. The Maine Rose series did a good job with that, and I have a few (Sedgunkedunk and Hildreth Corner and 6 Miles From Home) the have "different" cache containers.

I was in Bangor caching a few weeks ago and found a number of the caches you mentioned. I absolutely noticed how nice it was to have room to leave something. Hope it catches on down here.