vb:literal>

View Poll Results: Which would you choose for the newsletter?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • As Is

9 75.00%
  • Sound the Stories: emphasis on features

2 16.67%
  • Elevate the Events: increase number of events listed

0 0%
  • Mark the Media: emphsis on media coverage

0 0%
  • Heavy on Hot Topics: increase number of hot topics listed

1 8.33%
  • Other: please indicate by posting a reply or sending PM

0 0%
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsletter Contents

Exclamation Newsletter Contents

What sections are most important to you?

I've been hearing that the events section should be longer and the hot topics section should be shorter.

Make your thoughts known! This will really help me out, so thank you!

Vote for the section you want to be emphasized, and you may also post a reply with what you really enjoy about the newsletter! Feel free to offer ideas too!

The As Is category is a vote for keeping the newsletter sections at their current form/length. Voting to emphasize a particular section will result in other section(s) being shortened, so please post a reply that indicates what sections you really enjoy to help me figure out what to keep and what to shorten/eliminate.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

I like them all!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Talking more feedback please

Thank you to those who have voted thus far.

I am have a hard time fitting the newsletter on two pages. So to those who voted to keep it "as is" please indicate what about the "as is" you like so much.

Thank you very much
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Question have you voted?

Don't forget about the poll going on here...

Also, I'm looking for material for September's feature stories...what about geocaching have you been thinking about, doing, or enjoying lately?

Exclamation last day to vote!

I really should have stressed how hard it is to stick with the "as is" category. I have been having to sacrifice many hot topics to keep it to 2, sometimes 2 1/2 pages...this coming newsletter I sacrificed one media story, and (luckily?) didn't have but one feature...next month, based on these results, I may try to keep hot topics and features but cut out more of the media stories or other stuff...so pipe up if that's not what you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    Don't forget about the poll going on here...

Also, I'm looking for material for September's feature stories...what about geocaching have you been thinking about, doing, or enjoying lately?
    When I said that, I meant October's newsletter. Septembers is just about done, pending this poll, and it's October's I'm starting on...

Angry boo

I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this poll; more people cared what the name of the newsletter was going to be than do what the contents are...

Not understanding all this type of newsletter entails (I am the old - do it in Word or publisher, print it out and mail it), I may not have really unstood what I voted on. When my "newsletter" comes via email, I see no pages so I see not problem with pages.

I get sort of a "newsletter" from Geocaching.com and it is similar but just goes on until it is done. I see no problem with that email from GC.com. Steph - is that within the pages you talk about or is it longer?

Is there a reason you are limited to a certain number of "pages"? I thought it was my email in box that would be effected not GCM. Guess it just shows my limited knowledge of this technology.

What is important to me - highlights of local (Maine and just a tad outside or Mega) events, anything significant in the news (cache disappearances, bomb squad, etc.), great cache hides (ideas or some which have been found), working with the GC.com web site (forums, changes, etc.), changes to GCM or significant posts. There may be more but this should be a well rounded list.

Thanks Steph for all you do.

Steh I think you do an outstanding job with the newsletter and in my opinion just do what you are doing. The longer the better for me as I hate to miss anything that happens up in Maine and has anything to do with all my friends back home. I'll never tire of anything that is written no matter how long.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up thanks for commenting

thanks for posting, hollora and haffy!

We had another poll at some point about the length of the newsletter, which is typed in word first. The current length in word is 2 page;, most months running onto 3, because I have a hard time cutting it down. You don't see pages so-to-speak, because it comes to you in email format, but in order to describe and get a take on the length, I tell you that it is currently 2 pages in length so you have an idea of how long it is or could be.

hollora, what you posted for content is great information/ideas; I hope others will post in response, too!

I'm glad you two enjoy reading the newsletter, however long.

I just don't see the issue with length?!? If you don't want to read it - like, hit delete when you are part way through. It comes as an email, so, what it the issue?

I usually glance through and read what I want. The format allows you to do that which is great!

Steph does a great job of highlighting what is going on - she is as good as the folks who do it for GC.com so we should all be thankful.

Unless there are computer/website issues of which I may not be aware - what to heck - let Steph post it = we will read it or delete it. I change my vote! Can I? Whatever Steph says = yeah, that's my vote!