vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For once, I love Lewiston

Default For once, I love Lewiston

Once upon a midnight dreary I worked as a Bull for the railroad. I had to spend a LOT of time in Lewiston as trains were constantly derailing, being broken into and otherwise screwing up there. I worked more often in L/A then any other part of Maine, including Portland and it was never a pleasant experience.

Those days are gone and so far twice this year I have returned to the area to cache. I love it! The amount of caches and the variety of caches are fantastic. I never knew exactly how rural L/A could be or how pretty. Today we found deer, geese, wild turkey (the animal kind ) waterfalls, river views and find #400. Combined with the fact that today was beautiful and bug free made it a great day caching.

I just wanted to take a quick second to thank KG, Martes, Gob-ler and all of the cachers who have made the L/A area such a target rich environment for caching. I was just looking at the map and realized that I have not even made a dent in the area yet. I will return! Thank you!!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

A few years ago Lee and I went caching up in the Moosehead Lake area and never saw one animal, not even a moose. The next weekend we were caching in Auburn and one came out and crossed the road right in front of us. And similar to your post, I have never been a big fan of the area itself, but there are some original caches to be found, and a good number of them.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars I thought 'Where the hell is the ceiling?---I take it that you stopped at one of the fine gin mill's in Greenville. Woody's maybe? And still no moose or turkey's .. I must not have been there..

Quote Originally Posted by number seven View Post
    Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars I thought 'Where the hell is the ceiling?---I take it that you stopped at one of the fine gin mill's in Greenville. Woody's maybe? And still no moose or turkey's .. I must not have been there..
    Your right you must not be there, but I have to admit you are out there!
    Blazing Troll

I know how lucky I am to have started caching in Freeport, tucked in between LA and Freeport/Cumberland. We are surrounded by caches! Congrats on 400.

Congratulations on your 400th find. Outstanding!
    KymeeJay

Way to go on 400!

Default 400/Lewiston!

Way to go Tracy! I think I have a love-hate relationship with LA caches. There's a pile of them for sure, some easy but many tough. The Hookers Vitamin series is a case in point...some nearly immpossible! Then there's luccaron caches.... one very tricky Frenchman for sure. Mon dieu!!!
    And KG puts out very few easy caches and gob-ler has one in front of his office that will make you crazy.

All in all, I love heading to this area, always knowing a few DNF's are likely!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Dan, let me know the next time you're up for a Lewiston caching trip and we'll meet you there...with beer!

Woot - can I join the fun OR crash the party! LOL