vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kayak event again this Year

Hybrid View

Default Kayak event again this Year

I am looking at hosting a kayak camping even again this year the weekend of september 11, 12, and 13.

Anyone have sugestions on where?

Anyone no of any conflicts?

Any sugestions on what we can do that weekend?

Right now I am in the planning stages and have not gotten too far from just setting the Date. Warren Island does come to mind but I am sure that there are other good places that we could go too.

Default Cache Bashe

I will be having the Cache Bashe event on that Saturday the 12th. It has always been the first Saturday after Labor Day. Hope it works out on a different weekend so I can go too....
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I will be having the Cache Bashe event on that Saturday the 12th. It has always been the first Saturday after Labor Day. Hope it works out on a different weekend so I can go too....
    Let me see if I can move it out a week.

The Get Useless in Eustis Event is in September too.......I think reservations are already made for the Group site at Cathederal Pines ~ that one is towards the end of the month.

RobT, I think you went through this same scenario last year trying to host an even in September. Where are you thinking of have the camping even at?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    RobT, I think you went through this same scenario last year trying to host an even in September. Where are you thinking of have the camping even at?
    LOL, yep that is why I went for August and could not find a good date. Any one know what the date of the eustis event is?

I have not set a location yet, right now I have heard votes for Stonington and of course Warren Island is an option or even the park over by gardener. I am looking for ideas right now and trying to firm up a date. I am thinking the weekend after Brad's event mostly cause that is my last weekened open in September but I need to see if I can switch weekends off.

Default Yep

Rob I think there are two weekends between mine and Jean's (help on this?) The weekend after mine should be safe I think. I hope it works out so I can attend.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Rob I think there are two weekends between mine and Jean's (help on this?) The weekend after mine should be safe I think. I hope it works out so I can attend.
    There is one weekend after your event before Jean's - the 19th and 20th. Jean's event is going to be the weekend of the 25th. Hope this helps.

One thought Rob - if you have inland camping near water (vs. Warren Island) folks who may want to come but don't yet have a kayak (canoe or boat) might be able to attend.

I always thought the Stonington area was a great place, I attended the 1st one and had a grand time.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

IIRC, the conflict last year was the Folk Festival. There's just too many things to do in Maine!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.