vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts...

Default Thoughts...

I have a pretty cool idea for TB but I'm sure it might disappear really quickly. I'm looking for ideas on how to keep it in circulation...

I work for Unicel which got purchased by Verizon Wireless and because of the technology change from GSM (uses a SIM Card) to CDMA (no SIM) I have a few phones that I can part with. I was thinking that I would attach a TB to decent camera phone (2MP) that has been modified so that it can't ever be used as a phone again but still fully functional as a camera. I would put it in some sort of case with a USB cable, charger, and a clear explaination that it can't be used as a phone to aid in it not being kept.

What are peoples thoughts on how quickly this might disappear? Granted it's just a standard TB tag but no one wants to see them be set free, never to be seen again...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Default It might be OK

Earlier this year I found a TB called "The Army Travelling Band" that had a SD card and one of those toys that played the Army song. The mission of the TB was to go to Iraq and back to Arizona. (it was released by an Iraq war vet) The owner requested that you take a picture and store it on the SD card.. It made it around Iraq and back to Maine. I found it in NH, discovered that Kymeejay was going to New Mexico and mailed it to her. I just got an email saying that the TB had returned home 19.000 miles later. You just never know what's going to happen.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

If the thing isn't of great value to you, why not? It might work great! You never know. I say go for it.

That is really cool that it made it back home. Wonder how many actually complete such goals. The one I launched with a Mini Cooper Matchbox and keychain with my sons picture attached was lost pretty quickly. I was just hoping that one would float around for a couple years and I'd get it back to show him where it had been while he was growing....

The reason I want to include the camera itself is so there aren't issues with memory card formats or anything. There is a good chance that if you are geocaching, you have a computer that has an internet connection and a USB port to upload what you took for photos. Not everyone has a memory card reader or a camera that uses SD cards and I wouldn't want it to get held up due to that...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I would help complete the mission.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I have helped move several memory sticks (for photos) that were TBs.

I think it is a great idea. I do love a TB with a great mission.
    KymeeJay

What if it gets wet in a cache?
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I say give it a try Masterson. just think of some goal for it to make it more likely it will come back to you.

I agree. Just make sure you accept the fact that it may not come back to you. I am actually planning on doing a TB soon that involves a travelling travel log. Just a few notebooks going from cache to cache where people can write random thoughts. I know I like reading others entries in cache logs sometimes. How about we have a travelling one? Who would read it or write in it if you saw something like that?
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."