vb:literal>

Thread: Any TBs or Coins to travel?

Default Any TBs or Coins to travel?

I've decided that I can recover from my recent shoulder surgery in a warm climate just as easily as a not so warm one so leaving for Florida April 29th. I have a friend who moved to Clearwater from OOB a few years ago so I stay with her. Usually I just hang out at her pool, but now that I'm a certified caching addict, I've rented a car for eight days and will probably only be home to sleep!

Just checking in to see if anyone has any travelers they want to send along for the ride. I can either dip them or leave them in a cache. I think I'll activate some new ones and see how fast they make back here to Maine. Lemme know!

Enjoy your trip - sounds like fun!

Smile Florida bound?

Hollara, Best wishes with your recovery...I guess it won't be sitting around the pool all day for you. If I hook a travel bug around my neck would you take me with you? Unfortunately I don't have a single one right now to send on to Florida with you, but thanks for the offer and have fun!

As long as the baggage check person is a cacher, I don't think I should have any trouble getting you through!

We were travelling to Vegas a few years ago and our caching backpack got "picked" by the TSA for closer inspection. They dumped it into one those gray totes and examined the trade items with a puzzled look on their faces. We bumbled through explaining caching to the agents and let one of them keep a pencil that looked like a twig and moved on into the waiting area. Moral of the story - check your caching swag in with the big luggage
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I have some of those brochures about what Geocaching is all about (downloadable from Geocaching University) in my caching bag. It might have helped.

Also, in preparing for our upcoming trip, I just read that batteries are supposed to have tape over the terminals or something - I need to go back, find it and read it again.

Default Why

I wouldn't do that. What if the plane crashes? You wont be able to find any cashes on the mountain top or have any trading items.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    We were travelling to Vegas a few years ago and our caching backpack got "picked" by the TSA for closer inspection. They dumped it into one those gray totes and examined the trade items with a puzzled look on their faces. We bumbled through explaining caching to the agents and let one of them keep a pencil that looked like a twig and moved on into the waiting area. Moral of the story - check your caching swag in with the big luggage
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Moral of the story - check your caching swag in with the big luggage
    Sheesh! I can remember when NOBODY went geocaching without their bag of swag! LOL! These days, we hardly ever bother - there are so few caches big enough to hold anything. If we have TB's, they'll be in my pocket, along with a stack of our signature Maine Geocacher Permits, which we put in any cache big enough. Sigh... Those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    These days, we hardly ever bother - there are so few caches big enough to hold anything.
    I've thought about this, especially from what I've heard about Florida. I've been corresponding with Clearwater Rob who's going to point me towards some not to be missed caches so I'm sure there will be a few regular sized.