vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premium membership

Default members in PQ's

you can select "are for members only" in PQ's...my search came up with 162...I also think the new "Cache Register" app from Delorme will only work for premium members because it uses the PQ's to send to the pn40...

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    you can select "are for members only" in PQ's...my search came up with 162...I also think the new "Cache Register" app from Delorme will only work for premium members because it uses the PQ's to send to the pn40...
    You are correct, filtering a PQ is the easiest way to determine the number of members only caches. But once those files are sent to you, there is no way of telling they are members only.

I would imagine if the Cache Register app does not allow manual entry, or single cache GPX files (which IIRC can be downloaded by non-premium members), that someone will find a way to get the data in. I can't imagine Delorme would limit their customers to only premium members, but maybe I am wrong. They are in business to make money, making the app usable by anyone makes the most sense.

However, just like as in GSAK, it is much much more efficient to download 500 caches at once than it is one at a time!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

From what I have been told and seen Cache Register works with a GPX file and loads the data from it. I did not get a chance to play with any of the features and am waiting to get a copy as it looks like a better way to deal with loading the PN- series GPS also adds new functionality to the GSPS that is only avalible if you load single points or from topo 8.

Note: at this time I do not think it has but for working with the data in the file but that is what I have GSAK for. Now I could be wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    You are correct, filtering a PQ is the easiest way to determine the number of members only caches. But once those files are sent to you, there is no way of telling they are members only.

I would imagine if the Cache Register app does not allow manual entry, or single cache GPX files (which IIRC can be downloaded by non-premium members), that someone will find a way to get the data in. I can't imagine Delorme would limit their customers to only premium members, but maybe I am wrong. They are in business to make money, making the app usable by anyone makes the most sense.

However, just like as in GSAK, it is much much more efficient to download 500 caches at once than it is one at a time!
    The easiest way to add single caches would be to download direct from Geocaching.com just as you do for a Garmin. That tool is allready avalible but I do not see a reason that it would not load a 1 cache GPX file but to me that would be a waiste of time. I was not lead to belive that Cache register was going to be a replacement for GSAK at least in it's current version. But then As with my last post I am not the expert and am only going on what I saw of the program this weekend and they would not even let me play with it I think Gobler is a beta tester for them and he may know more.

I'll have to check on my pn40 - because it shows all of the cache details, including size, terrain, hint, as well as complete description...it might also show whether it is a members only cache - not sure why it would matter at the point once it is in my gps'r...Delorme doesn't limit what you send thru Topo7 - Cache register is just a way to send pocket queries to the unit...haven't seen as many members caches lately...

Once you have the cache in your PDA/GPSr/wherever, it makes no difference if it's members only or not, other than knowing it is!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'll have to check on my pn40 - because it shows all of the cache details, including size, terrain, hint, as well as complete description...it might also show whether it is a members only cache - not sure why it would matter at the point once it is in my gps'r...Delorme doesn't limit what you send thru Topo7 - Cache register is just a way to send pocket queries to the unit...haven't seen as many members caches lately...
    Topo 7 does not send all the info in the GPX file, it is missing the GC# but I am not sure what else it may not send. That is the reason that the log caches function does not work. Cache register is suposed to correct the issue or upgrade to topo 8