vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Bangor

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaine View Post
    Yes It was a fun time but I was a bit disappointed its nothing like the brew fest in Portland that one is much more fun but I still had a good time I was kinda hoping to meet a few cachers there that had said they were going I guess my shirt is a give a way but I wore my geocaching hat in hopes one of you might see it so we chat.

yeah, it wasn't what I was expecting, that's why we brought some of our own beer for before and after... and then we split up the tickets from our designated driver, so we got to make 15 stops instead of 10...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by drwhogrl View Post
    hehe probably not good that this thread has turned into all Doctor Who...although I bet in England there are some Doctor Who related geocaches....

So you see how this forum thing works now? It starts out as you making a greeting, and coming back to caching, then it turns to all about Dr. Who, and now it's about beer. Whenever a thread gets hijacked and turned into a beer thread it's usually at the fault of me or Bruce (where-r-we) if it's any other subject it's ok to blame Jake for it (firefighterjake)

at the portland event they dont take it from your hand you just place it in the container after a while they dont even worry if you put one in and they give you 12 tickets at that one. I normly end up with a few more than 12 tastings lol and i still end up bringing home a number of tickets lol
    The Drinking Will Continue Until Morale Improves !!

a good beerfest is the one in Southwest Harbor, ME for Oktoberfest where all the Maine microbrewers attend and after you drink your fill you can pass out in your own tent. I always thought the one in Portland was kind of crowded. The most crazy one I attended was the Extreme Beer Fest down in Boston at the cyclorama put on by Beer Advocate

Well I will agree with you there drwhogrl the Portland event has gotten very crowed over the years. Is there a link to the southwest Harbor oktoberfest?

http://www.acadiachamber.com/oktoberfest.html
    It hasn't been updated for 2009, but I believe this year will be the 14th year. Pretty much every Maine micro brewer attends.

ya know, there was talk a couple years ago of a homebrew/cache event, that idea has kinda fizzled out, but maybe there could be some more interest brewing... (pun intended)

Hmm how would a homebrew caching event work?

Another beer thread? I have to agree that the Oktoberfest in Southwest Harbor is pretty good. Last time we drew straws to determine the DD, this time we will have a tent. It's all about the planning ahead.
    KymeeJay

Do they let you buy more tickets at that event?