vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: daterkitfox - 600 finds and an FTF in Belize (oldest unfound cache)!

Default daterkitfox - 600 finds and an FTF in Belize (oldest unfound cache)!

Well, daterkitfox hasn't been real active on the forums for a while ~ but there is some news here. I first met him, his lovely wife and their dog when they attended my very first Apres the Last Cache Bashe of Summer event. We have kept in touch ever since.

Through thick and thin, so it speak. I was delighted when he retrained and got a new job. Even more thrilled when he and his wife were able to go on vacations again.............

They, like a few others, took a cruise just a bit ago. Now, the passion for caching is truly in their heart.

So I was not surprised when he had emailed me, he was going to go for the Oldest unfound cache in the World........Oh so blue - GC15D - placed 1/6/2001.

Imagine my surprise when he emailed me today, short on sleep from the return flights to let me know - he was FTF! And to add to this -they went over 600 caches found on this trip as well.

An awesome accomplishment on both fronts.

The "fox" has dial up service so it is hard for him but I am thrilled and wanted to share his accomplishment with the community. I am not sure if he gets on this website - but shoot him an email. Sure he would appreciate it.

Way to go daterkitfox! Maine cachers have what it takes - not matter where!

That's cool.

Sounds fishy, but cool.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Regardless of whether or not this is ever read, I couldn't be happier! I've followed that thread since I first started caching and I'm thrilled that not only did someone put it all together and get there, but that it was one of our very own Mainahs!

Default Wow

I haven't placed much research into finds like that. I just assumed that if a cache was placed, a number of people would seek it out. How very, very cool is it to see one of "our" members accomplish something like this find. It was mentioned in the log that some members of a forum were really mean. This made me wonder, so I checked out the forum link on the cache page. Don't waste your time, it's filled with spite. There are so many jealous people out there..... I offset that by remembering that I have met or chatted with cachers from Maine to New Mexico and I am continously blown away by how nice they are. Personally, I am jealous as well, but not of the find, (well a little) or that the cache had been so long without one. I'm jealous that I'm stuck in 40 degree rainy weather, while Darter is cruising around tropical islands! A super congrats, what an adventure! The next round of beers is on.....Mainiac.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Thumbs up Nice Tracey

How did my name get picked...You spin a wheel or sumthin'

BYW well done Steve!
    Happy Trails!

Very Cool!!!!!!!

Cause you have a mug at Paddy Murphy's! LOL

I just helped Steve get his photos of this find posted on the cache page. You want to see a smile..........well, he is grins from ear to ear........and I don't blame him!

that's definitely an accomplishment for the record books.

and when are you buying the beer brad???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Cause you have a mug at Paddy Murphy's! LOL

I just helped Steve get his photos of this find posted on the cache page. You want to see a smile..........well, he is grins from ear to ear........and I don't blame him!
    He has quite the mug alright!

Belize is one place I've always wanted to go. Perhaps someday we can get "second-to-find"! LOL!