vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kayaking Loon tops 500!!!

So it's Eatbrook this year.....Molasses Pond? Webb? Scammon? Be sure to visit Big Rock! GC12Q80 and Graham Lake Falls GC13QTQ. Well, there's a bunch to be had in the area..... Let us know the dates and we can have a "get together" again...

Ooops...meant to say Eastbrook......maybe I was thinking about the dinner again...

Default Congrats!

Hey, you "kicked it up a notch!" So did you need snowshoes the last few days or has spring finally come to the Eustis area? Great milestone, Jean. Now on to 1000!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Way to go!! Congratulations
    The Drinking Will Continue Until Morale Improves !!

Congratulations Jean and Stan!! Way to go. You have placed some great caches that get people out into very pretty areas. After that hike on Sugerloaf I know you don't away form the hard ones when finding them either.

Default Favorite Caches

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Congratulations! Which one was your favorite?
    OK. I've thought about this and I have several favorite caches, or perhaps I should say favorite cache experiences because sometimes it's a combination of things that makes it great. For me those things are woods; water of most any type (stream, lake, river, ocean...); a cache big enough so maybe, just maybe, there's a great signature item in it or something I want to trade for; good weather, no bugs, no muggles, the possibility of a wild animal sighting... It's the sum of everything that makes you remember the cache so kindly and want to go out and have more of those experiences...

That said:

Heald Stream Rails To Trails. Got a DNF on it late the day before. Went back early the next day, cold, sunny, first snow on the distant mountains, foliage. Found the cache and a moose came out on the other side of the stream. Showed her the cache, explained caching... she seemed interested.....

Jolly Roger... great beach, three signature items in it that I wanted!

Rangeley Celebration.

Pickle Hill. Wish I'd put that one out....

Toby Falls. I love waterfalls and this one had the most beautiful fairy house I've ever seen, not with the cache but near it. I wonder if it's still there.....

And many, many others....
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

It's not an easy question, is it? What a great answer, thank you for taking the time to consider it and responding. See you on the trail!

[quote=kayaking loon;51730]OK. I've thought about this and I have several favorite caches, or perhaps I should say favorite cache experiences because sometimes it's a combination of things that makes it great.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.