vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does "gas saver" mean?

Forgive me for giving my opinion of what a Gas Saver cache is. I thought that was the topic.

If anyone is wondering what I think a cache should be, read my Anatomy of a Great Cache Hide article.

Does anyone have any stats on how much fuel they have saved finding Gas Saver caches?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Forgive me for giving my opinion of what a Gas Saver cache is. I thought that was the topic.

If anyone is wondering what I think a cache should be, read my Anatomy of a Great Cache Hide article.

Does anyone have any stats on how much fuel they have saved finding Gas Saver caches?
    Don't cha' use Gas to get to the Gas Saver? Wouldn't the ones you hike to be the REAL gas saver?......just sayin'

Wink I move the question!

Yikes....This was a very easy question and there was a quick and accurate initial response. Maybe I should post the question on the Maine Trial Lawyers site where trivia like this is debated daily!

And who cares if some don't care for this type of cache. While I have my favorites, I can honestly say I like them all and being critical of any particular type of cache is likely to create negativity in the caching community. My "pet peeve" is when an opinion is expressed that suggests a type of cache, the way one caches, why you cache, etc. is "better" or more "pure" then the way another cacher might do it. It's a GAME, and we all do it the way we like to do it.

Some of the responses to this simple inquiry should have been the subject of a different thread. How about one that is called "Pet Peeve caches?" Or "Caches I don't care for?" Or "How we used to cache in the good old days?"
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Yikes....This was a very easy question and there was a quick and accurate initial response. Maybe I should post the question on the Maine Trial Lawyers site where trivia like this is debated daily!

And who cares if some don't care for this type of cache. While I have my favorites, I can honestly say I like them all and being critical of any particular type of cache is likely to create negativity in the caching community. My "pet peeve" is when an opinion is expressed that suggests a type of cache, the way one caches, why you cache, etc. is "better" or more "pure" then the way another cacher might do it. It's a GAME, and we all do it the way we like to do it.

Some of the responses to this simple inquiry should have been the subject of a different thread. How about one that is called "Pet Peeve caches?" Or "Caches I don't care for?" Or "How we used to cache in the good old days?"
    Dubord,

When I here alot of negative about a chace type I usually find a way to put out a really cool cache that uses that in the cache. The example I did was back when people were complaining about Walmart lamp post caches I put up Be your own GPS puzzle cache wiht the posted coordinates as a wall mart Lamp post with out a cache.

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Dubord,

When I here alot of negative about a chace type I usually find a way to put out a really cool cache that uses that in the cache. The example I did was back when people were complaining about Walmart lamp post caches I put up Be your own GPS puzzle cache wiht the posted coordinates as a wall mart Lamp post with out a cache.
    Like a cache hidden in a fake "Doggie Do Do" in the bushes next to a rest stop?!.......I had that idea but nixed it! I might have called it "Nasty Nano". Or "Dog Gone Cache"!

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Dubord,

This is what I like to see. Don't do what's been done, step it up a notch! People, especially us Mainers are much more resourceful than they think they are!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    This is what I like to see. Don't do what's been done, step it up a notch! People, especially us Mainers are much more resourceful than they think they are!
    I like a lot of Laughing Terry's caches which are like that: LPCs or GRCs, but with a unique twist that make them hard to find or otherwise interesting.

Thanks everyone for the replies.. It has been some interesting reading and it certainly provided a wealth of answers to my question... Cache on!

Not all GRC's are created equal!
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...og=y&decrypt=y
    IMO the first GRC was most likely a fun hide. They just got done so much that the surprise of the find is gone for many. A cache with a twist is welcome in any setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I hate Nano's!

Hmmmm..... Ekidokai Honorary NANO cache. Im on it! : )

Where the hell is that thing?