vb:literal>

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

Lightbulb Pet peeves

I will start this thread for those who wish to use it, and not hijack original threads. This was not my idea but I liked it enough to start it.

My pet peeve has always been: complaining while not providing a solution is just.....whining. And I hate that!

geocaching pet peeve: someone who can't find a cache and logs a note saying " couldn't find the container...it must be missing " .....keep looking and post a DNF!

I was sorry to see this cache go: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-0fd70ea2e136
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Talking

My biggest pet peeve is not having the time I want to go out and get caches. I guess thats what I get for having a job and family...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Ditto to what masterson said. I want to take a day off just to go caching!

The problem I have is even though I am leaving early today and have the next 4 days off everyone keeps giving me things to do so I do not have time to cache. I am definatly goingto have to figure out how to get out of some of theese plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    My pet peeve has always been: complaining while not providing a solution is just.....whining. And I hate that!
    Well, what is your solution to this????? Are you just whining???????
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I hate nano's.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I agree with hating nano's....and caches that are not kept up to date...just found out today that a stage is missing in Alex's Monster Multiple Nightmare (Nightmare #2) (Multi-cache) after a nice chat with the landowner who informed me that the cache is gone.

Does anyone have the final on Alex's Monster Multiple Nightmare or the coords for the stage that would come after the Goulds Landing area stage? I really want to complete this one after having put time in on it in 2005 as well as the last couple days...I'd sure hate to see this one go unlogged, at least by me...lol.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Default Terrain "1" caches

Most on this site know that a "1" on the terrain means the cache is wheel chair accessible. On many occassions I have found so-called "1' caches that weren't even close to being accessible to folks with handicaps.

But what really irritates me is when I point out the mis-classification to the cache placer and they just ignore the suggestion to make the change. I have a friend who caches in a wheelchair and he has to go quite a process to get in and out of his van and when the cache is on the other side of a ditch, it just isn't right for him to have to be frustrated as a result of some lazy person's unwillingness to edit their cache attributes.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default So many distractions from what I should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    My biggest pet peeve is not having the time I want to go out and get caches. I guess thats what I get for having a job and family...
    Seriously, this whole wife and kid situation is really cutting into my caching time! Not to mention that a good chunk of the siding blew off my house last night, so guess what I'm doing Saturday. Siding, Deck, front steps, wife, kids. I say we pitch the whole thing, by a R/V and do nothing but cache. And drink beer.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?