vb:literal>

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Pet peeves

Default Hep Cache

Maybe someone should create a cache called Hepatitus and make sure not to include any writing utencils, just a pin, paper, and some band aids?

I'm all for dedication but if there is nothing to write with, take your picture with the log or cache in hand as a temporary log and go back later.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

But... if you're going to go back, why not just log the DNF and log it when you go back?

I'd be willing to bet a high percentage of cachers who would log it would not go back. Too much desire to get that smiley and move on to the next.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Hmmm, now that you mention it, how do I know someone didn't sign the log on someone elses behalf? You see, I've heard rumor from my best friend's cousin on their long deceased great-grandmothers side that she knew of someone who logged many finds without ever leaving their sofa. Imagine the horror when I thought I heard that?!!!!

Da rules need to be drawn in blood.

Cache on!
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Hmmm, now that you mention it, how do I know someone didn't sign the log on someone elses behalf? You see, I've heard rumor from my best friend's cousin on their long deceased great-grandmothers side that she knew of someone who logged many finds without ever leaving their sofa. Imagine the horror when I thought I heard that?!!!!

Da rules need to be drawn in blood.

Cache on!
    Ok, come on now. It's just as game! The only rule is the log has to be signed. It doesn't matter if it is signed by the actual cacher or if the cacher is even in the same state.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Sheesh!

My "pet-peeve button" has been pushed - HARD.

We brought a travel bug back from New Brunswick which is in a race with other TB's, and it's interim goal was to go to a Canadian Forces Base near Quebec City. We placed it in our "Old Canada Road" cache, which is on Route 201 - a direct route to Quebec. It was plainly marked "North Only" and had a laminated tag stating that it wanted to go to Quebec City.

Some (expletive deleted) cacher took it and brought it to the Bangor/Orono area.

Why??? It was clearly marked with a goal!!!

Default New cachers, no clue!

Well that sucks. These are people from the same place that brought us Jimmy Carter, what can you expect. They don't know North from South.

Maybe one of the active Bangor cachers can rescue the bug out of that cache. Mike can save it, it's on the way to SMR!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

That is strange Bruce. I've never seen a TB picked up and moved to the wrong location accidentally, like back home instead of an event in Augusta.

Another way to look at it is there are more cachers in the Bangor area, so there could be a possibility it would make it to it's goal quicker from Bangor!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    That is strange Bruce. I've never seen a TB picked up and moved to the wrong location accidentally, like back home instead of an event in Augusta.
    Sheesh! I took it to the right location - I just forgot to let it out for discovery. And besides, I am bringing it to the next location on it's tour! LOL!