vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet peeves

My peeve is when I spend forever looking for a cache and then read the next log after mine saying: "Easy find, spotted it as soon as I got out of the car, took all of 30 seconds start to finish".

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Most on this site know that a "1" on the terrain means the cache is wheel chair accessible. On many occassions I have found so-called "1' caches that weren't even close to being accessible to folks with handicaps.

But what really irritates me is when I point out the mis-classification to the cache placer and they just ignore the suggestion to make the change. I have a friend who caches in a wheelchair and he has to go quite a process to get in and out of his van and when the cache is on the other side of a ditch, it just isn't right for him to have to be frustrated as a result of some lazy person's unwillingness to edit their cache attributes.
    There is also another answer to this predicament and it's here: http://www.handicaching.com/
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    There is also another answer to this predicament and it's here: http://www.handicaching.com/
    I had put that link on a number of the Maine Rose caches which I placed. Interesting - few people used the rating scale. The web site does have good information. Thanks for sharing the link Haffy!

Quote Originally Posted by Trick or Treat View Post
    My peeve is when I spend forever looking for a cache and then read the next log after mine saying: "Easy find, spotted it as soon as I got out of the car, took all of 30 seconds start to finish".
    I know what you mean...Abbey's Cache was like that for me, after spending hours looking for it then reading where someone posted a log saying" saw this one while driving by on rt.302 at 60 mph in the dark ". One good thing to come from this was it made doing a certain cache of EMS Daniels a lot easier.

We have noticed lately that lots of the time folks are just signing their names to the log books on regular size caches.... no comments ie: nice trail, not even a TFTC scribbled in the log book. Maybe this is because folks have been logging lots of micros without space in the logbook to sign anything else. Even the online logs are a bit lean
    We realize some folks don't like to write much but a TFTC is a good use of four letters.

BTW TFTT Thanks for the thread

Don't send me hate mail. I know a few people that can't write well. It isn't that they don't write anything, they just can't. I have noticed lately that a few are kind of slow even posting a log due to this.

Now comes the part for the real hate mail. My pet peeve is the garbage I find in caches. Rubber bands, dead corroded batteries, stuff like that.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Don't send me hate mail. I know a few people that can't write well. It isn't that they don't write anything, they just can't. I have noticed lately that a few are kind of slow even posting a log due to this.

Now comes the part for the real hate mail. My pet peeve is the garbage I find in caches. Rubber bands, dead corroded batteries, stuff like that.
    I've come across a little of that. It does give me motivation to check my caches at least every couple of months
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Sheesh! Now you've pushed MY button! LOL! I agree - but I'd express my pet peeve in a broader sense - caches that haven't been maintained in YEARS, and have rusty metal "swag", soaked signature cards, etc! I fully believe that it's the cache owner's responsibility to either maintain their caches or let someone else adopt them.

Default Another "Pet Peeve"

Letting my wife talk me into buying composite wood instead of good old fashioned 12X2 boards to finish my front steps. It's thinner, weaker, and I had to use twice as much, and pay twice as much for steps that are used mostly for a fire escape, if needed. This, with about 25 new caches published in Kennebec County this weekend. Why do I make such bad choices?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I really hate it when there are a LOT of DNF's on a cache and there isnt an owner update. Is it there? Isnt it? Does it need maintenance...? Why have so many people not found it?? Grrr...Then the icon just sits there on my map taunting me....haha anyways....my 2 cents.