vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a hiking/backpacking partner this weeekend

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    If anyone wants to make it a one day trip and just walk with me for eight miles we can do that too. I will be leaving tomorrow morning sometime.
    Sheesh! Let me know if you want to make a 1-2 mile walk - all downhill. LOL!

Good tool.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Well I guess it was a good thing no one wanted to come along today. The trip was a failure. I walked about two miles in and had to turn around because there was still snow and I was post holing up to my knees.
    Blazing Troll

Default Huh?

Rick, you sure you weren't hiking up White Nitro on Sugarloaf? Everywhere we went today there were blackflies and NO snow! I do like the expression "post holing!" Sounds kind of legal!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Rick, you sure you weren't hiking up White Nitro on Sugarloaf? Everywhere we went today there were blackflies and NO snow! I do like the expression "post holing!" Sounds kind of legal!
    Nope I was up out of East B Hill Road in Andover about 4 miles in on a logging road and then two miles into the Appalachian Trail heading towards Wyman Mtn. There were no black flies there at all. I don't know where you were today. We have the black flies around the house here now but they have not reach the biting stages yet, just the aggravating stag where they buzz around your head is swarms.
    Blazing Troll