vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I wont be ignoring you.

Default I wont be ignoring you.

In light of some things that have transpired over the last few months and very recently, this will most likely be my last post.

I'll probably still donate, because I still think this site is well worth it but things just go way wrong too fast.

At the risk of steering up a huge hornets nest, which is why I started a completely different thread I need to convey a few things.

I am a person that will read or talk to someone in person and walk away with a positive experience no matter how the interaction was intended. I take things at face value and will not look or read between the lines. Resulting in a mostly carefree existence.

I can not worry about how I write things or say things for fear of offending or irritating someone. Most anything written or said will be interrupted as the other party sees fit. I never look for an attack or slight and therefore I can not spend my time worrying about how people will take things. I don't think I could even if I wanted to.

I have seen way to many times on here and elsewhere when peoples hackles are raised and the teeth come out and the barking starts. So, I think it best that I just do my best to stay right out of it completely.

From every little word spoken by politicians ripped apart and analyzed and put into a context to suit a persons agenda, to taking a simple light hearted poke or statement and blowing it up to a foreseeable attack on someone.

I will read what is posted and said then smile and even laugh, because I always look at things from a light hearted and carefree position. Looking for the bad in everything and jumping on statements in a negative manner would sour my day and that would be bad.

So I appreciate all the help you have offered, but I'm just not up to the that kind of task.

Thanks
    Mike.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I see where you are coming from. Although this hasnt happened directly to me I have seen these kinds of things in the forums. I think when dealing with people in general there will always be this kind of thing. Im sorry that you are leaving though. I enjoy reading some of your comments, especially the occasional thrown in I hate nanos, haha. Well take care and dont worry to much about how others take what you say. First amendment type o' stuff.

I haven't been on here anywhere near us much as some of you but I've read through just about every old post on here. It almost seems like most of the little spats and people saying they are leaving the site always involve a select few? I hope thats not a trait that comes with being a "veteran" cacher or I'll slow down even more.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Well I for one will be missing your enthusiasm and I hope at some point you feel up to posting again. I have nothing but respect for everyone on this forum. And I think every person brings something different to the forums as well as the game.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

I'd be happy to see you consider posting at least once in a while. You have provided positive input to several if us (still need to update my article!) and like your wit even when I'm not sure I understand it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Well Mike I'll tell you what, as a veteran of BBoards of various different types: Snowmobiling, ATVing, Pro-Wrestling, Guitars, ETC ETC ETC. I have seen what you are talking about for over ten years now. I stopped my regular contributions to a lot of sites because of the CLIC-y nature of some sites, or the cyber bullies, or the simple morons who are there to prove some point. I have been caught up at times and have not been proud of my behavior, but as I grow older and mature I see that it was fooling to engage in such "fights" over a stupid computer. Annomimity can be a scary emboldening beast. So I know what your talking about Mike. I have sworn off boards before too, but I find myself throwing in on occasion. Just pick your battles.

Where the hell is that thing?

I'd like to second EvilHomer. Best to you Eki
    They say I have A.D.D. but they just don't understand. Oh Look! A chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by EvilHomer View Post
    Well Mike I'll tell you what, as a veteran of BBoards of various different types: Snowmobiling, ATVing, Pro-Wrestling, Guitars, ETC ETC ETC. I have seen what you are talking about for over ten years now. I stopped my regular contributions to a lot of sites because of the CLIC-y nature of some sites, or the cyber bullies, or the simple morons who are there to prove some point. I have been caught up at times and have not been proud of my behavior, but as I grow older and mature I see that it was fooling to engage in such "fights" over a stupid computer. Annomimity can be a scary emboldening beast. So I know what your talking about Mike. I have sworn off boards before too, but I find myself throwing in on occasion. Just pick your battles.
    Say it isn't so Evil Homer! I still miss your presence at Sledmaine!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Ditto what everyone else said. We'll miss you man.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Say it isn't so Evil Homer! I still miss your presence at Sledmaine!
    You can thank Matt Polestien for that. I dont know why they just dont call it Sledpolstein.com. If the guy dictates who can post what, then just give him the site and call it his. That whole thing was ridiculous and showed just how UNPROFESSIONAL those guys are. It still burns my A**! Say hi over there for me Jake!

Where the hell is that thing?