vb:literal>

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Maine Geocoin

Wink 50 is plenty...

A limited edition is that, limited. It's what was planned for so let it ride. IMHO
    Happy Trails!

If we change the LE from 50 to xxx at this point (with the 50 sold to people rushing in to grab a limited coin) we may hear from all 50 of them complaining that it isn't the limited coin they thought it would be. LE coins typically sell out quickly, part of the charm is having a coin that's rare. And as Rick said, we were looking for a small profit on these for the site, not something huge.
    I agree. A number was set, stick with it.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    If we change the LE from 50 to xxx at this point (with the 50 sold to people rushing in to grab a limited coin) we may hear from all 50 of them complaining that it isn't the limited coin they thought it would be. LE coins typically sell out quickly, part of the charm is having a coin that's rare. And as Rick said, we were looking for a small profit on these for the site, not something huge.
    I don't do coins . . . but I agree.

If I paid extra thinking that I was getting a limited edition and that this would make something pretty rare, I wouldn't be very happy to then find out that another 50, 100 or XXXX coins of the same type were being made.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Offers being accepted!

Being one of the folks who has a Limited Edition coin on order, I just want folks to know that I do have a price!

Those who know that I am a lawyer, would probably not be surprised by that.

These look great, I have already ordered mine, but how can I order one of the gold ones?

mmm, can't figure out how to edit my last post.. Seems after reading all 12 pages of this thread, I now realize the LE coins have been sold out.. D'OH... You could consider an auction for the first few coins next year.. And Ok, you've got one, what's your price?

How badly do you want one?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I really hesitate to do this.....but.....most of us have the 2007 Maine coin and now the 2009 coin is up for sale. Work has started for the 2011 version.

I have a very large private collection of geocoins (over 2,000) and included I have a number of the first, the original, 2005 Maine coins in my possession. These are non-trackable coins and I've already traded or sold 5 of them to other Maine geocachers. If anyone is interested in the original Maine geocoin let me know.

Any updates on how sales are?

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerinme View Post
    Any updates on how sales are?
    As of Monday night, the LE coins are sold out and the regular edition is at 223. Sales were brisk the first day, then slowed (as expected). Hoping for a big spurt near the end. I priced the coin based on ordering 500, hope to squeak by.