vb:literal>

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Maine Geocoin

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Which is just my point! There should be NO further public discussion on the design. The decision was made months ago, and any discussion about possible problems with the design should be done in the Advisory Board thread.

Alright everyone, back on point!

Since I only started caching (and obsessively reading about caching) late last year, I missed the threads where the design was voted and finalized. My bad. The only big discussion I followed was whether it was a 2008 coin or a 2009. So if the coin design has been approved, then it has been approved. Let's go forward with it.

Trying to get back on track...

Rick is right insisting that the black isn't the original design. I'm having trouble translating the hammered finish to C&P, maybe I'm not describing it correctly. I will be calling them Monday with the design posts that were voted on to help illustrate what we want for the coin finish. I'll repost when they get that artwork done. There are a lot of details on this coin and I want it to be what the designer wanted.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was spelling it wrong. Sheesh .I just get through telling you I have a difficulty and you say that,
    and I and U are right next to each other, I may have typed to fast.
    Also ,
    FYF
    I have a OLD keyboard and sometimes letters stick or don't type at all.
    And can't you just post so your not fueling up something else. ie... the sudonim thing.
    Sheesh, I voted for you for crying out loud, doesn't that count for anything, LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    Trying to get back on track...

Rick is right insisting that the black isn't the original design. I'm having trouble translating the hammered finish to C&P, maybe I'm not describing it correctly. I will be calling them Monday with the design posts that were voted on to help illustrate what we want for the coin finish. I'll repost when they get that artwork done. There are a lot of details on this coin and I want it to be what the designer wanted.
    Andy, just send them this picture or have them look at this image if that will help. It shows the hammered finish on the bottom coin.

Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Andy, just send them this picture or have them look at this image if that will help. It shows the hammered finish on the bottom coin.

That's the one I was going to send. Did C&P make this coin? If they did, it would help with the reference.

Andy (Sudonim), you are a man of incredible patience. Thank you for all your efforts on this and the previous Maine coins. We're all lucky that you are willing to navigate through the maze of having a coin get manufactured. I trust your judgement to make this coin come out right. If I was making my own coin it would go much faster because I'd have only myself to please. But being a group effort I can appreciate what you are going through in the effort to make everyone happy. While there was "vote" on a final version, some of the comments lately might make the coin a better coin. I agree with Hollora that the front of the coin should be the main focus and the prettiest side. But whatever point becomes the "OK, this is it"....I'll be happy with and will purchase several coins, just like Opalsns. Let's nail it down and "git er done".

It kinda reminds me of this sometimes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWymXNPaU7g

That was AWESOME!!

Ha, ha, ha....that's perfect. Andy, you're a class act....

Been one of my favorite sayings for a while, describes some of the corporate training I conduct......
    Thanks for the link!

Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.