vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PN-40 Questions

Hybrid View

Default PN-40 Questions

Ok, I broke down and purchased a PN-40. I have the maps loaded in, I seem to like what I see so far, but according to what I have read, I should be able to access the cache page, ect from the unit. I've loaded a few caches using the new button on GC.com (which I really, really like) but I cannot figure out how to access the additional information. I've read all of the directions I was given. What am I missing?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Try to Press Menu then there should be an item Geocaches. If that is not there you may not have the most recent firmware loaded and may want to update it.

As Rob said. Once you have loaded the geocache into the GPS then click the menu button and scroll down and select Geocaches. Then select the cache you want to read about and scroll down to the comments and click enter. I believe this is what you are looking for. The PN-40 comes with this already installed in the standard firmware.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    As Rob said. Once you have loaded the geocache into the GPS then click the menu button and scroll down and select Geocaches. Then select the cache you want to read about and scroll down to the comments and click enter. I believe this is what you are looking for. The PN-40 comes with this already installed in the standard firmware.
    sorry I think my brain was not working at that moment, thanks for the corection.

And don't say it TAT, I know my brain is never working

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    sorry I think my brain was not working at that moment, thanks for the corection.

And don't say it TAT, I know my brain is never working
    mainiac covering his mouth with his hand

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!mmmmmmmmm!!!!!mmmmmmmmmmmm mmm

Happy Trails!

Angry grumble

Having foolishly decided to put off the home improvement projects and lured out by the promise of sunshine I fired up the PN-40 and struck off for China. Feeling that spring energy I loaded up about 20 caches and planned to make a day of it.

Cache #1. Found the site. Took the gps off external power. Got out of truck. Noticed that my PN-40 was off. Said "that's strange" and tried to turn it on. No luck. Tried a new pair of batteries. Unit stayed on for....... 10 seconds and said those batteries were low and turned off. Tried brand new batteries (part two). The unit stayed on for.... 5 seconds, said those batteries were dead and turned off.

I went up the street to the lakeside market and bought a very overpriced set of new batteries. This time there was a change. The unit just wouldn't turn on. !!!

When it's plugged into the truck, no problems. I'm finding it hard to carry the truck with me on trails.

Very Helpfully , Delorme customer service tells me "you might have a defective unit". Really??

So tomorrow it's an unplanned trip down to Yarmouth to turn this hunk of junk in. I haven't decided if I want to try another, or demand a refund. Overall, not a great way to spend the morning. Sigh. I did manage to find a few other caches with the kids gps, so it wasn't a total waste.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

That's too bad about your GPS. I can see where it may be difficult to carry your truck to all the cache locations. If you decide to go a different route I would reccomend the Garmin Colorado. I got mine a few weeks ago and absolutely love it. I got a great deal on Amazon. Now I can actually do paperless caching. It feels funny to go caching without notebooks and binders with all of my information but I am getting used to it. Good luck...hope whatever you get works for you.
    KymeeJay

Default I have an answer....

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    I'm finding it hard to carry the truck with me on trails.
    Buy a jeep!
    Happy Trails!

I'm interested in knowing to outcome, both with the unit and Delorme's customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    So tomorrow it's an unplanned trip down to Yarmouth to turn this hunk of junk in. I haven't decided if I want to try another, or demand a refund. Overall, not a great way to spend the morning. Sigh. I did manage to find a few other caches with the kids gps, so it wasn't a total waste.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

That seems to be a common problem with that unit. I read somewhere else that 2 or three other people had that happen to them right out of the box.