vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How do you plan a day of caching?

And certainly no GRITS.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Low Tech Version

I'm basically a very low tech person. So when I plan a caching trip, I decide first where I want to go, as in what town. Bring up the caches, find one I really want, then scroll down and click on geocaching.com Google maps. Hit the minus button so the map is covering a larger area. There will be smileys for ones you've already found, stars for ones you've placed and all the rest are up for grabs. Select the ones you want following along the roads in order, load them into your GPS one by one using the new improved easy way of doing that. And you're off!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Talking Things that make you say....huh?

I once said I would not drive by a cache I could walk to. Then I realized, ( thanks TAT ) that you can walk to most of them.

After we had been caching for awhile I started to read posts, and see places I wanted to visit. For us it was our fascination with water and waterfalls. So we chose to try and find caches around waterfalls, lakes, and rivers. Searching cache names with waterfalls in them was where we started. Then it was logging caches above 2500'. Every so often we shift our focus and look for something different. It's not where, but that you are out enjoying the hunt.

Or. Just load up the GPS and hit the road. An Uncle Wiggly adventure.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Sheesh! Uncle Wiggly! I haven't heard that name in years - and I wouldn't have though that you were old enough to know about him! LOL!

Lightbulb Uncle Wiggly

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Uncle Wiggly! I haven't heard that name in years - and I wouldn't have though that you were old enough to know about him! LOL!
    "It is refreshing to hear stories that feature characters getting along with each other. The recurring themes of treating friends and acquaintances the way you want to be treated and cooperating to solve problems are important messages for audiences of all ages."

There's more there than you might have expected.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I'm only 31 but believe I recall having some sort of Uncle Wiggly board game?
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I once said I would not drive by a cache I could walk to. Then I realized, ( thanks TAT ) that you can walk to most of them.

After we had been caching for awhile I started to read posts, and see places I wanted to visit. For us it was our fascination with water and waterfalls. So we chose to try and find caches around waterfalls, lakes, and rivers. Searching cache names with waterfalls in them was where we started. Then it was logging caches above 2500'. Every so often we shift our focus and look for something different. It's not where, but that you are out enjoying the hunt.

I got to be the same way, looking for something different, or a 'theme'. When the DeLorme challenge came out, I was reinvigorated into the game, a new goal to meet. Then I realized that nobody had completed all the caches placed in 2001 (the first year for caches in Maine). That was my goal. When I met that, I wanted to do all the '02 and '03 caches (still working that one!).
    Then it was a cache in each New England state, just got the last one this week.
    It's all in what motivates you, and what you want to get out of the game. Just like golf, you are only playing against yourself. Exceed your own expectations and you will be rewarded.