vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you plan a day of caching?

Some of our favorite caching trips were all day hikes for one smiley. Might I recommend "Gorge-ous" (GCPRTB).
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Yup....ya gotta love an ammo can at the end of a nice hike. They seem few and far between.
    On the other hand....that GRC is nice around the 3rd week of February.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Some of our favorite caching trips were all day hikes for one smiley. Might I recommend "Gorge-ous" (GCPRTB).
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Personally I don't think it's a good image to portray, needing to have beer to enjoy caching. Especially on a road trip! Of course, maybe if I started drinking while on caching road trips, I wouldn't care what city I was in or what caches I found!
    Sheesh! You don't need a beer to enjoy caching. You enjoy the beer AFTER you've enjoyed the caching! LOL!

Default Beer and caching!

Exactly! But Sheesh, brdad. what's up with you? You lose your sense of humor or just don't have a sense of humor? C'mon, we're trying to have a little fun here! Nothing I've posted suggests anything illegal. You can have a beer or two and still drive legally in this state last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! You don't need a beer to enjoy caching. You enjoy the beer AFTER you've enjoyed the caching! LOL!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Image?

So what "image" would you suggest? I like the image of the cachers I was with today who were out in force and gathered to honor a true Maine geocaching legend and a gentleman who always offers positive help to his fellow cachers. Didn't take any computer postings to have a very positive day for me, my wife and my fellow cachers. Oh, and I did have a beer with my caching friends after doing a cache after the event and I didn't blemish the sport one bit!

Would have been nice if you'd been there to see the smiles. Too bad to see another of your totally negative posts in your efforts to demean those of us who have fun playing this game. You ought to come to an event like this sometime and see what's really going on. Trust me when I tell you when there were no "image" issues at today's or any geocaching gatherings I've attended. IT'S A GAME AND I HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

C'mon now boys....Play nice or go at in PM's...
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Perhaps I'd have more of a sense of humor if I had not lost a friend to someone who was legally drinking and driving.

We all have our topics that touch a soft spot now and then. For Bruce it is politics (ok, that's just one of em ), You don't seem to like anyone to claim a cache can be lame, and for me, I guess I have a hard job finding humor in the loss of a friend in return for someone having a few legal drinks while driving.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

and for me, I guess I have a hard job finding humor in the loss of a friend in return for someone having a few legal drinks while driving.
    I don't think any of us are advocating "drinking while driving", and I for one can certainly understand where you're coming from. That's why my earlier comment was to enjoy the beer AFTER you enjoy the caching.

Ni big deal, all this talk is not helping original the topic at all. Lets move on.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Ni big deal, all this talk is not helping original the topic at all. Lets move on.
    Good idea. We've pretty well exhausted the subject of what to bring to drink on a caching trip, now lets talk about the FOOD. Kettle-cooked potato chips!