vb:literal>

Thread: Turkey Day - Celebrating Gob-ler

Talking Turkey Day - Celebrating Gob-ler

I just wanted to thank all of those who came out yesterday, and those who posted that they could not make the event. The day was just perfect and I could not have planned the picnic at BIG G's any better. We had lots of great food, including the "Gob-ler" special of the day. Did anyone try it? I wasn't about to be the first to look Gob-ler in the face and tell him how good he tasted. Contest winners, caching and turkey hunting stories, and even a Maine's DeLorme Challenge certificate was given to Upsalquitch, but the day was dedicated to Dick. One of our own Maine cachers. Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. P for the desserts, and the gift, and also to Dubord for making the 5000th coin presentation. You know you are in great company when your friends help to make the event a special one, and do not even tell you what they are about to do.

And to Dick. You will be sorely missed but never forgotten. Back here in Maine, we will be telling those stories about the FTF Legend for years to come. And wherever you end up they will be richer for having you, just as we are now.

Good luck!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

An echo of your sentiments Team2hunt. I know not where Gob-ler's new assignment may be, but, I do see a road trip coming.

We are all richer having Dick among our list of friends. This event was just a taste of the commaradre which is in our great community. Everyone brings a talent which is unique and compliments the others.

Best wishes as the Gob-ler moves on to new territory. He will be away but only physically - and with today's technology he won't be able to hide.

Cache on - cache happy!