vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of Caches

Hybrid View

Default Pictures of Caches

Hey all,

Quick question: Is it kosher to take a picture of the cache container (not the cache site, which would be a spoiler) to post in the albums? Or, does that count as too much of a clue of what to look for?

Thanks,

Listener83
    Listener83
    http://sethchaos.blogspot.com/
    (my occasional thought drop-box)

Different people have different opinions on this. Often times, cache owners will say "no spoilers" on the pictures which I usually would interpret as a no.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

If you are posting it on here rather than the acutal GC.com listing it, who cares? It personally like looking at everyones albums and looking back, wish I had brought my camera with me on the few that I've done. I can remember most of the locations if I read the cache description over again but had I had a camera with me, I wouldn't have to think about where I'd been. Snap away.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Good point. I was thinking they were referring to the logs of the cache themselves.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Really, unless it specifically asks on the listing not to post pictures which are spoilers, why not? I know I've had help on a couple caches here and there from looking at the background and whatnot in other peoples photos. It's also helped me avoid caches that I may not feel like doing because of how the weather effects the area. One example is the Homeworld series. Being rather soggy this time of year, I might have gone out after them not realizing what I was in for had it not been for the peoples photos. Personally, I'd like to see more pictures and need to start taking more myself. It seems like that's something the veterans are good at.

On a side note, I'd like to see a lot more pictures of my TB's too..
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I love it when people take pictures of my TBs. Speaking of which, I have come up with a cool idea for a new one. I have a toy Alien. I figure a cool mission would be to visit any cache with "Area 51" somewhere in the title. There are quite a few of them out there.

Like this photo I took last summer here in SC of an Area 51 virtual..

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Throw a blue tarp on it and it could be Maine......

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Like this photo I took last summer here in SC of an Area 51 virtual..

Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

A blue tarp and duck tape!
    Listener83
    http://sethchaos.blogspot.com/
    (my occasional thought drop-box)

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    I love it when people take pictures of my TBs.
    Sheesh! Must be time to post my picture of our GeoMaine Furby TB on the Great Wall of China! LOL!

And I don;t think it's a good idea to post a picture of a cache container - unless it's just the contents of a lock-n-lock box, or something. Never a picture of a "unique" container, or something like that.

(Oh yeah - the GeoMaine Furby TB just got back from a LONG stay in New Zealand and is currently in California.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	furbychina.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	359