vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pictures of Caches

I hate to bring a thread back on topic, but I'd be hesitant to post pics of many caches, even more so a local one, and even more so if you state which cache it is.

I don't specify on any of my caches that I would not like to have a photo taken, but they are all camouflaged in different ways, and while most are nothing super unique or of a style unfamiliar to many, I would prefer it be left for the cache finder to enjoy in person. Of course, if I was contacted and asked, I might be willing to give my blessing for the right reason.

Example: If you hid the cache below, would you want others posting pics of it in a local forum?

Last edited by brdad; 05-12-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Lightbulb That cache is so--

That cache is so-- Well, it's so cool that I can't say how cool it is without using language better reserved to rim a margarita glass.

When I asked this question I was hoping for a yes or no answer. Unfortunately, I got a yes and no answer. Brdad raises a very good point. I've arrived at the conclusion that if the hiding of the cache is not intrinsic to the reward of the cache, than I will post pics of the cache in my albums on geocachingmaine. If, on the other hand, the artistry of the cache lies in its camouflage, like the example given by brdad, then I will decide on a case by case basis, give ample spoiler alerts outside the album, and adjust my choice based on any expressed wishes of the cache's creator. I think that should cover all bases.

BTW: Where did that cache come from? It's amazing!
    Listener83
    http://sethchaos.blogspot.com/
    (my occasional thought drop-box)

I think that's a very good conclusion to come to.

This particular cache is reportedly in California. To narrow it down any further might be against my values! however, a Google Image search for smallest geocache container might point you closer, as well as give you other ideas.

Another option with some caches - you can take an image from an angle which doesn't give the outside of the container away as easily.
    Last edited by brdad; 05-12-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I think that's a very good conclusion to come to.

This particular cache is reportedly in California. To narrow it down any further might be against my values! however, a Google Image search for smallest geocache container might point you closer, as well as give you other ideas.

Another option with some caches - you can take an image from an angle which doesn't give the outside of the container away as easily.

CA? I heard they shoot people out there for poaching avocados. My admiration for that cache creator grows.
    Listener83
    http://sethchaos.blogspot.com/
    (my occasional thought drop-box)

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Hey Bruce you ought to block out the TB # though don't you think?
    Yeah - I though about that - but I decided I'd see what happened. I have a slightly different picture without the TB number, but it isn't as good.

Sorry if this is a newb question ) Why is the TB# being visible a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    Sorry if this is a newb question ) Why is the TB# being visible a concern?
    Someone could "grab" it, and place it wherever they want - or hold it hostage.

Neveer a good idea to have a TB number showing in a picture.

Fixed it for yah...

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Haha, I was in the process of doing the same thing Haffy beat me to it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	furbychina.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	136.5 KB 
ID:	360  

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    Haha, I was in the process of doing the same thing Haffy beat me to it!
    Thanks to you and Haffy.

I'd like to see some other interesting TB pictures, though!

(Sheesh! I thought it was the GeoMaine Furby that was photographed in the Hooters in Shanghai - it was our Maine Chickadee Plate TB! I must be getting old...)