vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Speak German?

Default Can Anyone Speak German?

I'm trying to see if I can find out Maine Chickadee Plate TB that hasn't been heard from since a Feb 15, 2008 entry where a cacher placed it in a cache in Germany. On March 17, 2006, there is a log entry which seems to me to say "I have the TB". But I only know a few words of German and don;t know what the whole entry says. Can someone translate the following?

"Nach einer kleinen Wanderstrecke stand ich auf dem hohen Gipfel in der Sonne und schaute in Richtung Brocken. Nix mit Blick, denn dort hingen dicke Wolken. Der Cache war leicht zu finden. Ich habe einen TB- Tausch gemacht.
    Danke für den schönen Ort und die kleine Wanderung.
    Gruß von Gisela"

Thanks

Using a translator - this is what I got...........
    "After a short walking distance, I stood on the high peaks in the sun and looked toward chunks. Nix with a view, because there were thick clouds. The cache was easy to find. I have a TB-swapping made."

Smile Ist hier die Verbindung

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

Remember that not everything will translate well into english. But with the aid of your GPS'r you should still be able to make the find.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default auf deutsche

You were close! Chunks is actually a place, probably a village he could see in the distance. As far the TB, he made a swap leaving one of his own TB's and presumably taking Bruce's TB, gave thanks for both the hike and the view.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Using a translator - this is what I got...........
    "After a short walking distance, I stood on the high peaks in the sun and looked toward chunks. Nix with a view, because there were thick clouds. The cache was easy to find. I have a TB-swapping made."
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I thought you had asked if anyone spoke, "Garmin" ; )

Quote Originally Posted by TeamHorwich View Post
    I thought you had asked if anyone spoke, "Garmin" ; )

lol. good one.

Dubord speaks both..........LOL

Sorry, I only speak two languages. English and bad English. (No I do not mean the cheesy 80s band either.)
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Default German

I had the very good fortune of spending a year and half in Vienna Austria while in college. While my German isn't perfect by any stretch, I still know how to order another beer, and ask for an attorney to be present for any furthur questioning.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I had the very good fortune of spending a year and half in Vienna Austria while in college. While my German isn't perfect by any stretch, I still know how to order another beer, and ask for an attorney to be present for any furthur questioning.

Throw in 'bathroom' and you have the trifecta.