vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mapachi Injured in caching mishap!

Default Mapachi Injured in caching mishap!

For those of you that know Mapachi, real name Patrick, this is news about my geo-buddy!

Apparently he was injured while calling a lifeline this afternoon (me) and tripped over a six inch tall clump of grass that was negligently, willfully, wantonly ignored by the cache placer in total disregard of said grass's potential to cause serious bodily injury, pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium and of course the inability to cache without having a to employ a caching surrogate to sign logs.

My initial assessment of damages is that they are somewhat less then one might expect due to the fact that it was the left wrist that was fractured and of course Pat is so far from the "left" that no claim for pain and suffering could ever be supported by the facts.

So open reduction is scheduled for Monday and I will be scrubbing up with the surgical team posing as a "para-nurse" to insure he doesn't incur any furthur impairment at the hands of the ob/gyn doctor who volunteered to do the surgery. Apparently the present recession is affecting the medical profession and they too are "cross-training" and trying different procedures to make ends meet! Hope it's a boy, Pat!

(Seriously, he did break his wrist caching!)
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Why is it that Patrick only gets hurt ( walking stick in the crotch ) when you are present (in person or on the phone ) ?!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Another victim of distracted walking? Time to ban cellphone use everywhere but padded rooms with no furniture.

Holy snikies.........and I am the one who continually falls on caching adventures........ask anyone but Ekidokai (for some reason the day I was out with him I stayed upright!).

Seriously - Mapachi, no more hikes for you.......Nano, nano, hano - opps, maybe you won't be able to extract the log..........well, bring along shotgun - but it looks like she might have been with you today.........urghhhh.........not great.

Last Sunday - Ralph was wondering about our adventures as I was driving the 4 Runner across a trestle one handed and taking pictures with the other hand.........

Sorry to hear about an accident - we will all sign your cast.........how long is it on for??? Maybe we need a cast signing event in Ellsworth in a few weeks????

Seriously - God Bless!

PAT!!! I felt bad when you fell doing one of our caches but I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.
    Rule number 53~ always cache with a lawyer.
    and a nurse, and a EMT
    You know if we hook a TB tag to your cast we can get credit for signing. and if you have to stay in one spot for a while we may as well hide a micro in it.
    Not that it's about the numbers you know we would visit you even if there are no caches around.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cache Happy and carry a first-aid kit

When the cast is off, is he planning to turn it into a hide?
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Richards View Post
    PAT!!! I felt bad when you fell doing one of our caches but I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt.
    Rule number 53~ always cache with a lawyer.
    and a nurse, and a EMT
    You know if we hook a TB tag to your cast we can get credit for signing. and if you have to stay in one spot for a while we may as well hide a micro in it.
    Not that it's about the numbers you know we would visit you even if there are no caches around.

Hope you feel better soon.

Cache Happy and carry a first-aid kit
    Wasn't that shovel you got for Christmas something which could be used as a splint? But alas, who carries a shovel this time of year?

I agree - a TB on the cast - very cool! And you could send it on it's way (or half of it) when it's cut off........that and all signed with cacher names.

First and foremost, I hope everything turns out ok and that you are fine. Remember, next time, don't put your hand out to break the fall! Now with that said,

1. Happy to fill in as resident curmudgeon if needed....and 2) turn the cast (if there is one) into a traveling cache.

Take care of yourself.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post

1. Happy to fill in as resident curmudgeon if needed....
    Not to be confused with WhereRWe of course.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

that's terrible! I have to ask though, did you find the cache??