vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mapachi Injured in caching mishap!

Default Update on wounded warrior!

Surgery is tomorrow morning. Pat has agreed that he shouldn't cache for the first hour after he wakes up and shakes off the effects of the anesthesia. After that he wants to do Turkey Buzzard because it's close to home ( and an emergency room!). Last time he went he lost his keys but made it up and back without needing medical attention. I have a winch on my truck and a snatch block so I will in affect winch him up the hill. I have been practicing his signature so that when I sign the log for him it will appear authentic. I also have prepared a durable power of attorney he'll execute in my favor so I can post his logs for him if Gail declines to do so.

He's all set now! He'll be off the disabled list soon!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Hmmm.......strange.......no mention of Dan actually reading the GPSr for Pat. And a hill involved? Winches? POA? Signatures? Don'tcha love it when a plan comes together?
    Hope Di is there for adult supervision.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Surgery is tomorrow morning. Pat has agreed that he shouldn't cache for the first hour after he wakes up and shakes off the effects of the anesthesia. After that he wants to do Turkey Buzzard because it's close to home ( and an emergency room!). Last time he went he lost his keys but made it up and back without needing medical attention. I have a winch on my truck and a snatch block so I will in affect winch him up the hill. I have been practicing his signature so that when I sign the log for him it will appear authentic. I also have prepared a durable power of attorney he'll execute in my favor so I can post his logs for him if Gail declines to do so.

Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Dubord, where have you been all my life? I had plate and screws taken out of my elbow a few weeks ago and had shoulder surgery the same day. Caching hasn't been easy since then; must be because I didn't have you as my cache 'coach'. Next time I go under the knife, I'm asking for you although you better leave the winch and that other thing home!

Hi! We don't really know you, but we wanted to wish you a speedy recovery! Feel better!

Hope you're up and at 'em soon Mapachi.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Broken wrist......hell I get pissed when I get a stick in the eye, I can't imagine breaking my wrist.

Where the hell is that thing?

Pat Let Me Know If You Need Anything I Got Fri-tues Off Just Give Me A Call.(prefer If You Sit Down When You Called)
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Hey Patrick, I just got word about your geocaching mishap. Being a mostly solo cacher, that's one of my biggest fears. Plus being an old timer I'm more fragile than those younger cachers. Maybe while you're out of commission, you can give lessons on fabricating tricky caches. Seriously my friend, If you need a co-pilot on some of your treks, I'm usually available.

Default Mapachi Update!

The surgery apparently was a success. It's girl! Woops, wrong thread!

Pat says he's got 2 three inch drywall screws in his wrist, one which they took out of his skull from prior injuries he sustained at the Phish concert at Limestone. I'm not sure of the details of that injury and neither is he.

So I picked him up, well actually you don't pick somebody up that's just had surgery, and due to the anesthesia he said, and I quote "Burbppee dozen." He meant "Turkey Buzzard" and was doing this tip toe thing with his fingers and pointing up at the sky so we headed to Bond Brook road to check on conditions at the cache. I said " It's pretty steep Pat, whadda you think?" He mumbled something about "last time I got screwed a lawyer was involved", I didn't take the bait and said " Start climbing, big guy!

So it looked like they might have given him a blast of thorazine because after 15 minutes he'd only moved 3, maybe 4 feet, and in the wrong direction. Not a big problem so I urged him to carefully "head up the hill." He responded "Pill? I just took one!"

Seemed to me, he wasn't quite as sharp as he usually is so I loaded him back in the truck and headed back towards his house. And he says " Maybe a cup of coffee might wake me up. There's a place on route 3 in Vassalboro that has great coffee and the waitresses....."

Obviously, Patrick has survived the surgery and I am happy to report he's doing well and hopefully still has his sense of humor! Let's all hope shotgun (Gail) survives her new role as "nurse Gail!"
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

The surgery apparently was a success. It's girl! Woops, wrong thread!

Pat says he's got 2 three inch drywall screws in his wrist, one which they took out of his skull from prior injuries he sustained at the Phish concert at Limestone. I'm not sure of the details of that injury and neither is he.

So I picked him up, well actually you don't pick somebody up that's just had surgery, and due to the anesthesia he said, and I quote "Burbppee dozen." He meant "Turkey Buzzard" and was doing this tip toe thing with his fingers and pointing up at the sky so we headed to Bond Brook road to check on conditions at the cache. I said " It's pretty steep Pat, whadda you think?" He mumbled something about "last time I got screwed a lawyer was involved", I didn't take the bait and said " Start climbing, big guy!

So it looked like they might have given him a blast of thorazine because after 15 minutes he'd only moved 3, maybe 4 feet, and in the wrong direction. Not a big problem so I urged him to carefully "head up the hill." He responded "Pill? I just took one!"

Seemed to me, he wasn't quite as sharp as he usually is so I loaded him back in the truck and headed back towards his house. And he says " Maybe a cup of coffee might wake me up. There's a place on route 3 in Vassalboro that has great coffee and the waitresses....."

Obviously, Patrick has survived the surgery and I am happy to report he's doing well and hopefully still has his sense of humor! Let's all hope shotgun (Gail) survives her new role as "nurse Gail!"

That was Dan??? I thought he was a taxi driver......Heck, I even gave him a $20 tip and he never said thanks! In fact he just left me laying there on my nieghbor's lawn....I think....Well that's where I woke up!