vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Must-see caches?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yes - beautiful locations! But I note that you've only logged one of the three I mentioned.
    Absolutely correct! But that doesn't mean I was not in the area of the caches long before I cached! As a matter of fact, that is exactly how I knew they were great locations. Trust me, if the caches stay out there - I will eventually get back there.

So - I don't think to give a thumbs up or approval for a cache recommendation one has to have logged the cache. You see......perhaps one was there for another purpose!

Default Here's another.

We visited this one on November 5, 2010 and the water level was too high to attempt the cache. The listing says it's maintained by none other than WhereRWe and RULost2. While it may not be as impressive as the falls at Moxie Falls, it's incredible after the rain we got the night before we visited. Check the before and after pics on the listing.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-c26da704d885

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    We visited this one on November 5, 2010 and the water level was too high to attempt the cache.
    Actually, the cache used to be in the middle of the stream. It washed away during the spring run-off the first year. Here's a picture of the cache owner placing it.

That's why the name of the cache is (Colder Than A) "Witches Titty". LOL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-FriendJumpingIn.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	547  

Default Lot's different

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Actually, the cache used to be in the middle of the stream. It washed away during the spring run-off the first year. Here's a picture of the cache owner placing it.

That's why the name of the cache is (Colder Than A) "Witches Titty". LOL!
    No one would be standing anywhere near those places occupied by people in that picture on the day we were there. The water coming over the falls created a concussion you could feel in your chest.

Smile Beautiful

I just put that one on my "to do" list. Thanks for posting the beautiful pics!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    We visited this one on November 5, 2010 and the water level was too high to attempt the cache. The listing says it's maintained by none other than WhereRWe and RULost2. While it may not be as impressive as the falls at Moxie Falls, it's incredible after the rain we got the night before we visited. Check the before and after pics on the listing.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-c26da704d885

Quote Originally Posted by dufzor View Post
    I just put that one on my "to do" list. Thanks for posting the beautiful pics!

It was truely an awsome sight...cant wait to go back when we can actually attempt the cache!

that is why I love geocaching...ya get to find gems like that!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

If you're a history buff, and leave within visiting distance of Pike County, Kentucky, there are some cool Hatfield and McCoy Feud cashes there. Lots of scenery and outdoor adventure.

http://www.tourpikecounty.com/index.php?page=geocaching

That's actually pretty cool. As much as I despise cold weather (it's 3 degrees outside as I write this) I've always felt that Maine is a great place to cache. No snakes or poisonous spiders. Great views, both coastal and inland. The Tourism Bureau really should try and get tourists in geocaching!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    The Tourism Bureau really should try and get tourists in geocaching!
    Well how about doing something like many of the state parks are doing all over the country and get involved with them and try to set up a geocaching program of some sort? Here in Georgia, the GGA got involved with them and now the Georgia State Parks have 2 different programs set up. One involves 45 different state parks and another of them involves a few of the many historic state sites. Being one of the original members of the Maine geocachers website that was one of the 1st things we had talked about was getting out and trying to endorse caching with the many state organizations. You gotta start somewhere. There are numerous states that have geocaching programs and they have all welcomed them with open arms especially in these times where they are experiencing hard times with the economy and all in maintaining the parks so every little bit of extra money helps.

Here is a link to the new Georgia State parks and Historic sites on FB and from there you can see what they are doing with geocaching: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ge...17455605009915
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I've always gotten the overall impression that Maine State Parks are not real geo-friendly. I may be mixing that up with Acadia, however.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?