vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Tread Lightly: ORCAs on ATVs Event

Opps, I made my reservation already....Well, we will be looking for an alternative that weekend. That shouldn't be too hard to find. Next year ATVing maybe!! Thanks for trying.

I'll try again next year . . . maybe more folks will sign up earlier.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hey Jake why don't you do a Newport to Dover on the RR Bed. There are 15-17 Rails-To-Trails caches along the way and you can finish up at my Low's Bridge cache. This would give you an idea who might be interested in such a trip. And if anyone wanted to do it by car they are all fairly close to a crossing the most would be a quarter mile.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFarmer View Post
    Hey Jake why don't you do a Newport to Dover on the RR Bed. There are 15-17 Rails-To-Trails caches along the way and you can finish up at my Low's Bridge cache. This would give you an idea who might be interested in such a trip. And if anyone wanted to do it by car they are all fairly close to a crossing the most would be a quarter mile.

Just a thought.
    I've done that ride so much by now by ATV and sled that I'm kind of tired of doing it . . . at least by sled it's a quick ride for the most part. This event would have been more of a camp, cache and ride event.

Speaking of ATVing in that general area though . . . I went out with Bgrffdave and Hiram a few weeks back and "discovered" Devil's Head near Harmony . . . I was a bit surprised to find that no one had placed a cache there as it seemed like a prime location.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I've done that ride so much by now by ATV and sled that I'm kind of tired of doing it . . . at least by sled it's a quick ride for the most part. This event would have been more of a camp, cache and ride event.

Speaking of ATVing in that general area though . . . I went out with Bgrffdave and Hiram a few weeks back and "discovered" Devil's Head near Harmony . . . I was a bit surprised to find that no one had placed a cache there as it seemed like a prime location.
    I hear you about the frequency of that trip although it still surprises me to see 20-40 trailers unloading every weekend day. It would however be a GOOD trip for anyone that wanted to ATV and cache together. We purposely held off on several of those caches in order to be able to do it as an ATV ride, and it made for a long day hitting them all.

As far as Devils Head.....that area just re-opened to ATV's last year. We thought about placing one up there years ago, but access, parking, etc. was up in the air.

From what I've seen at events.....I'm a representative of the Many that don't respond to attend an event. There are many factors involved in attending an event...let alone one so far away. I wanted to pull my RV up there so the family would go along. I planned on attending and was making arrangements for caching in Canada as well. Now I have to decide on caching that area alone.....or holding off while holding my breath that it'll happen next year. I like Robt's idea! Just look at how many respond to attend....and how many more do.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    From what I've seen at events.....I'm a representative of the Many that don't respond to attend an event. There are many factors involved in attending an event...let alone one so far away.
    Sheesh! Dude, you're on my list. You will be REQUIRED to attend the WWWWWW6 event next winter - tentatively scheduled for the 3d Saturday in
    February. NO EXCUSES!

(I may even get someone to shanghai FireFighter Jake.)

Ok....advanced notice. The tentative event date is now on my calendar. So that makes atleast two of us and the event should happen...right!? I look forward to it. I didn't mean to bust firefighterjakes chops. Hosts aren't the only ones that make sacrifices and arrangements for an event. So as frustrated as he's feeling... he's not alone I'm sure. I'll just have to find a different ATV to borrow should it happen next year....and well I'll just have to make it up to the wife who took a day off work.
    I'm just nuts about geocaching!!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelcache View Post
    From what I've seen at events.....I'm a representative of the Many that don't respond to attend an event. There are many factors involved in attending an event...let alone one so far away. I wanted to pull my RV up there so the family would go along. I planned on attending and was making arrangements for caching in Canada as well. Now I have to decide on caching that area alone.....or holding off while holding my breath that it'll happen next year. I like Robt's idea! Just look at how many respond to attend....and how many more do.
    Caching in the County is well worth doing . . . even without an ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Dude, you're on my list. You will be REQUIRED to attend the WWWWWW6 event next winter - tentatively scheduled for the 3d Saturday in
    February. NO EXCUSES!

(I may even get someone to shanghai FireFighter Jake.)
    Actually, rumor has it that I actually almost made it to one of your WWWW events . . . Hiram claims he actually spotted me come in the front door, but by the time he grabbed his camera I was gone back into the tree line.