vb:literal>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Farewell Ye Olde Prospector

Default Farewell Ye Olde Prospector

Ye Olde Prospector and his bride Wild Thing54 will be moving to New Mexico in August. We would like to host an event in their honor so Maine geocachers can say farewell. Their schedule is a little cramped with selling their house and packing/moving activities but they have August 8th available for a date. Does anyone have an idea of a good venue for a potluck/BBQ type of event? Please send me a pm if you have a venue suggestion. YOP has gifted our state with some really great caches and some amazing photos in the gallery on this site and it would be great if we can all get together and give him a great send off .
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

How about capital park in augusta?
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

YOP is about the nicest cacher you can find and definitely a pioneer in Maine Geocaching and deserving of recognition! And as stated, his pictures are unbelievable. He has some great hides here in Maine as well as in NH. I will do my best to be there, wherever there is!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    YOP is about the nicest cacher you can find and definitely a pioneer in Maine Geocaching and deserving of recognition!
    Definitely! YOP has been absent from a lot of the events lately, but I was glad to see him at the "Gob-Ler's Turkey Day event. I'd also like to see the YOP event in the Augusta area - that way it wouldn't be more than a 2-hour ride for most of the event "regulars".

In my "early days" of caching, YOP was one of the logs I always seemed to see, especially along the coast. Nice to have met you at many events. Enjoy your new home (and caching possibilities).

Range Pond State Park in Poland has a nice group site that would be awesome but the park charges $4.50pp to get in (Kids 5-12 are $1.00 and under 5 are free) Would there be objections to having an event at a place that charges entry fees? They do have a nice beach area if it's nice enough to swim. They also have a horseshoe pit, grills, and playground area.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Default Bicentennial Park

There use to be a summer event hosted in Augusta at Bicentennial Park. It's a nice little park with swimming, barbeque pits, etc. I don't know if the entrance fee was waived or not.

With the weather like it is, maybe a backup plan too.

Bicentennial Park was a great place - it's where I met Lee after all, as well as YOP and several other cachers for the first time.

However, I think that park is limited to Augusta residents only. Never hurts to ask though!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

WOW!!! Can't believe that YOP is leaving the state. New Mexico will certainly be blessed with this man and his significant other. I remember when both he and I used to have the races to be the FTF and then Gobler and Laughing Terry came on the scene and that was it for our FTF's.... We also celebrated our 500th finds at the 1st Maine geocoin rally up in Brewer along with T2H that year. Boy times flies doesn't it? Wish I could attend wherever it is held. Well YOP looks like you have another state to enjoy your mineral hunting and geocaching and photography and we have been blessed with all your knowledge. Happy Caching

On a side note I think Bicentennial Park can be booked by a resident of August to use. ( Karen? ) We had 3 diferent events there and we all weren't residents. The park superintendent was very accommodating. Wish I could remember his name.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.