vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cache Containers

Default Cache Containers

For those interested, Ocean State Job Lot in Bangor has quite a selection of "Lock & Lock" type containers at some reasonable prices.

10" x 7 1/2" x 3 1/2" $3.50
    8" x 5 1/2" x 3" $2.50
    6" x 4" x 2" $1.75
    5" x 3" x 1 3/4" $1.25
    round 5" diameter X 2" $1.50
    round 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" $1.00

I picked some of every size, got home and was promptly told that there are "other" uses for these......like actually storing leftovers and storage. Hmm....I had no idea.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Sounds like that might make the logs soggy.

Default Hmmmmm!!

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    For those interested, Ocean State Job Lot in Bangor has quite a selection of "Lock & Lock" type containers at some reasonable prices.

10" x 7 1/2" x 3 1/2" $3.50
    8" x 5 1/2" x 3" $2.50
    6" x 4" x 2" $1.75
    5" x 3" x 1 3/4" $1.25
    round 5" diameter X 2" $1.50
    round 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" $1.00

I picked some of every size, got home and was promptly told that there are "other" uses for these......like actually storing leftovers and storage. Hmm....I had no idea.
    Who knew..
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Sounds like that might make the logs soggy.
    The logs are OK with dry foods, but tend to get messed up with maranara sauce
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

The Dollar Tree has Lock'N'Locks for $1 There are 2 different sizes. The Wally World for Camo duct tape and it's all good.

Sheesh! YES! Buy "Lock 'N Lock"! Anything besides those stupid film cans! LOL!

I was reluctant about the Lock'N'Locks at first - hard to beat an ammo can - But time has shown they hold up better than other plastic containers. And like an ammo can, it's hard to not be sure they are closed.

Looks like OSJL has a good assortment!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You're right....hard to beat an ammo can. It really is satisfying to have a nice hike and then be rewarded with an ammo can. That said, your stats report bears out the fact that fewer and fewer larger caches are being placed and micros, nanos and urban-type micros are the norm. Admittedly, my first cache placed is an urban micro, meant to fill, at the time, a lack of "7" caches for the AlphaNumeric challenge. And some of the most enjoyable caches I've done have been micros. I've got a few micros ready to go, but I've also got a few larger caches that are itching to go. Long live the ammo can.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I was reluctant about the Lock'N'Locks at first - hard to beat an ammo can - But time has shown they hold up better than other plastic containers. And like an ammo can, it's hard to not be sure they are closed.

Looks like OSJL has a good assortment!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    you're right....hard to beat an ammo can. It really is satisfying to have a nice hike and then be rewarded with an ammo can. That said, your stats report bears out the fact that fewer and fewer larger caches are being placed and micros, nanos and urban-type micros are the norm. Admittedly, my first cache placed is an urban micro, meant to fill, at the time, a lack of "7" caches for the alphanumeric challenge. And some of the most enjoyable caches i've done have been micros. I've got a few micros ready to go, but i've also got a few larger caches that are itching to go. Long live the ammo can.
    anyone want a five gallon bucket? :d
    seen on bumper sticker: visualize--whirled peas

Quote Originally Posted by hide_from_the_kids View Post
    anyone want a five gallon bucket? :d
    I have a spare 5 gallon bucket if anyone feels the desire to hide one! They can be tough to get the lids back on correctly too, though. And usually takes more prep in finding a suitable location.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."