vb:literal>

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

One other area is Fort Williams/Portland Headlight as that has some very nice scenery and some really good caches.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Quote Originally Posted by softball29 View Post
    One of the reasons I'd like to go to Houlton is a quick cross to New Brunswick (and another province to add to the list)
    Keep in mind that after you cross the border at Houlton, there's nothing for the next 10 miles or so. I again emphasize going along the coast to Calais/St. Stephen. Scenery great all along the way, too.

You can hit New Brunswick at the Calais crossing and have a nice trip as well. Its a long way to Houlton and you won't get to enjoy the beauty of the coastline.

We won't miss the coastline. The plan is to go from the top to the bottom on Route 1 down the coastline and hit everything that way, which will basically be the direction we'll need to go.

When we go up, we'll be coming over from the Plattsburgh, NY area (where I'll be meeting someone else). So, coming up, say 95, will be the faster way to get the top -- then we'll follow the coast all the way down.

When we go up, we'll be coming over from the Plattsburgh, NY area (where I'll be meeting someone else). So, coming up, say 95, will be the faster way to get the top -- then we'll follow the coast all the way down.
    Woah! From Plattsburgh, you're better off crossing Vermont and New Hampshire, and entering Maine via US Route 2. Which route were you planning from Plattsbuirgh??? From Plattsburgh, you should be a long way fom I 95...

The fastest way from Plattsburgh to the top of Maine is to basically take Route 2 through Vermont and New Hampshire and then connect with 95 a bit before Bangor.

Then we'll move up the state and settle in before coming down the coastline.

The fastest way from Plattsburgh to the top of Maine is to basically take Route 2 through Vermont and New Hampshire and then connect with 95 a bit before Bangor.
    Which is what I said... LOL!

So you're only going to be on I95 for about 20 miles. Believe me, that's best! (And you really don't have to get on I95 at all to get to Bangor - stay on route 2. It only takes you 15 minutes or so longer.)

Quote Originally Posted by Team V3 View Post
    One other area is Fort Williams/Portland Headlight as that has some very nice scenery and some really good caches.

Agreed. Start at Bug Light (Portland Harbor Lighthouse) in South Portland, just over the bridge from Portland with beautiful views of the Portland harbor and skyline.

Five minutes away is the Spring Point Ledge Lighthouse with views of Casco Bay and islands. Both of these lighthouses are accessible by breakwaters, one short, one longer.

Fort Williams / Portland Head Light in Cape Elizabeth is 5 minutes south on Rt 77 and has been called the most photographed lighthouse in North America. From here you can also see Ram Island Ledge Light.

That's four lighthouses and gorgeous Maine scenery within ten minutes of each other. Just a few minutes further, but also in Cape Elizabeth, is Two Lights State Park. Though they aren't accessible, there is a well known restaurant right there and a cache I haven't been able to find.

<GASP> There is one there you have not found? I know we found one there but I am not sure if it is the same one in question. Perhaps, Trick Or Treat and Team V3 need to do some cache tag team action this Summer. I know we have been talking about it, just tell me what weekend you two will be free and maybe we will try to do it. We'll pack a lunch. LOL
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

Exclamation directions

We won't miss the coastline. The plan is to go from the top to the bottom on Route 1 down the coastline and hit everything that way, which will basically be the direction we'll need to go.

Are you taking the ferry from Plattsburgh to Grand Isle? If so, from Burlington you can take 89 south to W.Lebanon NH and 91 to Concord, NH. 393 to 4 east (lots of caches on this route) all the way to Portsmouth, NH and then 95 north across the Maine border. The trip from Burlington will take you about 4 1/2 hours plus any caches you choose to stop for.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.